Wednesday, September 22, 2010
222...
I just reached 222 followers. Made me smile...
See, here's the deal, 22 has special meaning in my family. It was my grandpa's number. I guess it seemed as though every time he was assigned a number, it involved a series of 2's, or so I'm told. It's one of those old family stories that gets passed down. I'm sure, more often than not it's pure cooincidence, but our family seems to notice mulitple 2's alot.
My aunt was once driving along, missing her dad {my grandpa} and looked up, only to see the car in front of her had a license plate that read KBS 222. My grandapa's initials were KBS.
My sister claims to wake up in the middle of the night at precisely 2:22 am on a regular basis.
My dad topped off the gas tank before our road trip last year and it registered exactly $22.22. {I think, or it may have been $20.22, or 22 gallons....point being, it was full of 2's}
I almost always notice the time at 2:22 in the afternoon, and check my watch at 22:22 into my run.
My phone number ends in 22.
I was born on the 2nd, my husband was born on the 22nd.
Even Jon has started noticing them. He points them out to me all the time.
I know it's more often than not coincidental, but it always makes me happy when I notice them. Almost like hearing from my grandpa again.
I was expecting to see the followers reach it sometime, but I got an extra chuckle when I realized today's date. Fitting that I'd hit the 222 mark on the 22nd.
Does anyone else have a family number? If so, what is it? Do share!
{image by Leo Reynolds}
Labels:
random and funny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi,
ReplyDeletejust a note to add to the 222 storys...... your Dad and Linda and myself left to go to Willow last week and as we were leaving we looked at the clock in the van It was 8:22am... came home the next day...at 3:22pm....Interesting huh!!!
Congratulations! =)))
ReplyDeletemy partner and I go by 9 and 23, both our birthdates (and almost always the numbers we bet on the roulette!)
I think that is neat and I do believe each time you notice 22 it is a wink from your grandpa. Aubrey's number that comes up over and over -666! I know, isn't that terrible?
ReplyDelete80, that's our number!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's cool. Now I noticed you have gained one more follower. We don't have a number but then again I haven't paid much attention. My favorite number is 5, but other than that, no family number.
ReplyDeleteOh how cool! Our family number is 5. Because when my dad was young, he bought a print of the number 5, he thought it looked cool, then they proceeded to have three kids, and make five. So...
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have found your blog! I can't say that we have a family number, though it's odd how someone in the family was born in every double digit year - '55, '66, etc.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day! xx,jane
How awesome is that ??? Our family has a thing with 30. We were married on the 30th, three of my children were born on the 30.When ever something good happens it's usually on the 30th. Somethings up !
ReplyDelete