via jennifer davis on Pinterest
We crawled out of bed a few minutes ago to give Miles his medicine. We have the whole production down to a science now, and can have it done in 2 minutes flat. When we finished up, I went to write down the date/time as I always do. {When you're on an every three day schedule it can get confusing!}
9/11 8:00 am.
And then, it hit me. The tears came. Now, I don't recall the exact, exact time, but I know it was very close to 8:00 am here in the midwest, cause I had an 8:00 class and didn't hear about it til after that. Yes, I could look it up to see the exact time, but I don't need to.
I know you all are remembering today too. The one thing I keep thinking this morning, is how much smaller I view the world today than back then. I mean, even then it was terrifying, and heart-breaking, and beyond words. But today? NYC, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C. don't feel so far removed from my little bubble here in Kansas. I think that's partly because of the blogging community. I've made friends around the country and around the world. I see now how interconnected we all are. I love you guys!
I'm headed out to hang up my flag. I'd encourage you to do the same if you're an American, and have one. {I know 9/11 effected people across the world. Do you guys have any special ways to remember on 9/11?}
May God bless America.
We will never forget.
I had lost track of the days, too. It was a sober moment when I remembered what day it was. You have a good attitude about it, I think, and yes, knowing that we're all interconnected is very important. It's something we should all remember on a grand scale, as we are less likely to hurt those we care about. Someday there may be an end to such needless violence; I hope that that is the case. :)
ReplyDeletei love you.
ReplyDeleteSilent prayers all the way from australia...
ReplyDeleteVery true.
ReplyDeleteWe all are interconnected and the loss and pain was felt by all.
Let us hope and pray that such a thing never happens again anywhere in the world.