via jennifer davis on Pinterest
So, I'm going to share something that I find kinda silly about myself.
You see, I write this blog, and I love that for some reason you all come here to read it. I get even more excited when you actually take the time to comment on what I've posted. It makes my day, really, every single time.
But, I seem to have this disconnect. I forget that people I know in real life read this. {hi guys!} When they say something about the blog, I feel this twinge of embarrassment. Not in what I've said, or what I've posted, but it's like they've peeked into my soul. Gosh, that sounds lame. Now I'm getting nervous, cause I know they're reading this. {hi again} It's really hard to explain, because it's not at all that I don't want them reading, and I love to hear that they are! I recently learned that Jon even reads {hi honey} and that even makes me feel all silly.
I'm not sure what that says about me.
Maybe it's because very rarely do I get a comment from a real life friend. I guess I just forget they're reading.
Do they think this is some kind of exclusive thing, and like they're not welcome to comment? That is so not true! Comment away real life friends!
Maybe it's cause it's kinda like finding out that my friends and family have been reading my diary...but then again I post said diary right here on the internet for all to see...I want people to read it!
I'm sure this is all rooted in some deep desire for acceptance, and a little self doubt. So be it. Just trying to keep it real, folks!
So, does anyone else experience this? Is it just me?
I appreciate all of you, whether I know you in real life or not!
Me!!! I do! I do! I do!! None of my IRL friends know about my blog! Sometimes I might be talking about one of you to them and they will say, "Who? How do you know them?" ...and I say, from Etsy. HA I don't know how to explain it either.
ReplyDeleteVery real, when hubby mentioned that he read it, I was surprised and was like oh great now I can't mention him making me mad, etc..LOL,, I totally get it because I think blogging is a diary but people you haven't met face to face it's ok to comment but when "real" people say something it's like OH you read that?
ReplyDeleteI guess that's why many chose not to disclose pictures or keep their friends/family out of the loop.
For me, I started blogging as a from of a journal..but now I'm doing to keep family/friends updated on what's going on on my side of the globe.
i've got a good friend from high school who is away at college and reads the blog and comments quite a bit. maybe because she's away like she is or just because of her personality, the fact that she comments doesn't surprise me, actually she uses my blog as procrastination - glad i can be of some help! haha!
ReplyDeletemy mom is just about the only other person who i know reads it. and she always tells me how impressed she is... i suppose that's worth ten 'irl' comments! anyway, for me the 'question' is always: i run into someone i haven't seen forever and because i've got links to my blog everywhere they've "probably/possibly" heard about it or seen it. neither of us mentions it, but i always wonder - we haven't actually talked in forever, i don't know what's up with you, but do you know what's up with me?! haha! i think i just think to much... i mean, what makes me think i'm so special? haha!
leaving you alone now. nice post, btw. xo. ;)