| {the inaugural pumpkin spice latte of 2010} |
Some of you asked for the recipe, so I'm going to share my adaptation of this recipe. It's essentially the same, but with a couple tweaks to the directions, and I just use regular old ingredients instead of organic.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
ingredients:
1 1/4 cup water
3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups whipping cream
directions:
- Simmer water and sugar in large saucepan (I think I used the 3 quart) until sugar has completely dissolved.
- While sugar is dissolving, prepare all other ingredients so they can be easily added.
- Add in molasses, sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream and pumpkin
- Bring to a boil and simmer, constantly whisking, until temperature reaches 230 degrees F. {I've found this takes about 25 minutes...It helps to have a husband to help stir, but I would not recommend help from children, as it is very hot!}
- Add in spices, and continue whisking and simmering until mixture reaches 235 degrees F. {This shouldn't take long}
- Let cool and pour into a wide mouth jar. Store in refrigerator.
- put 1-2 tablespoons syrup in the bottom of your mug. {if it's straight from the fridge, you may want to microwave for 10-20 seconds, just to take the chill out so it doesn't cool down your coffee}
- pour 2 shots espresso over syrup and stir.
- froth 1/2 cup milk and pour over coffee
- stir and top with whipped cream, nutmeg or sugar
Let me know if you try it, how you like it!
How was your weekend? Does it feel like fall where you are?
I need to get me a pumpkin spice latte...
ReplyDeletemmmmm that looks really good!
ReplyDeletemmmm sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteWOW! I am seriously impressed, I was going to make a joke about Starbucks but this knocks my socks off. I'm not a big fan of the pumpkin spice lattes (my fave holiday drink is the peppermint mocha) but I don't see how anyone could not like this!! :)
ReplyDeletewish i was there so we could have a cup together! xo
ReplyDeleteI might love you ( not in a wierd way) - totally addicted to the pumpkin spice latte - just not the price ! I am so trying this it looks delicious.I might even put this on pancakes......maybe I'll just drink it out of the bottle.......is that wrong?
ReplyDelete