fall basics by jdavissquared
It has turned to fall so fast around here, that I'm finding myself in a pinch over what to wear. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but my wardrobe desperately needs some help!
I am far from a fashionista, but lately I've been feeling super frumpy. My clothes are getting old.
I've had a Polyvore account for some time, so I decided to finally give it a try and create an inspiration board of basics for fall. I think if I add some key pieces to my wardrobe, I might just be able to scrape by on what I have. I tried to pick some images that are similar to things I already own. I would like to purchase: a feminine grey cardigan, black flats, a bright colored tee {or maybe a couple}, a black long sleeved tee, grey pants and a fun scarf. That shouldn't break the bank, right? I think sticking to grey/black basics and adding in pops of color and fun scarves is my ticket.
I've never made a wardrobe plan before...it's kinda exciting!
What do you think, is there anything I'm missing? Do you have a wardrobe plan?
Old Navy has some great sweaters on sale for $20 right now. I love soft wrap style sweaters like the grey one! I would love to start dressing in more vintage clothing but don't want to look like I am wearing a costume. I want to dress just like "Summer" in "500 Days of Summer."
ReplyDeleteOh and I also wanted to tell you that you can buy that tee shirt fabric at fabric stores and just cut a long strip of it for those great light scarves. You don't have to hem it or anything - the ends just roll up. You could get lots of color for cheap - and not sure if you have this store or not - but the best place to buy long sleeved coloreds tees is Cato - they are cheap and better quality than I would have guessed. Lots of colors and they are 9.99
ReplyDeletei am so wanting a pair of ankle boots or minnetonka layered fringe boots! my wardrobe needs desperate help, too this year...gonna have to hit some thrift shops as just can't afford a lot of shopping right now... :(
ReplyDeleteI would wear all of these! You have great fashion taste!
ReplyDeleteto accesorize is my sister's secret. lots of colorful scarves, earrings, bracelets.
ReplyDeleteif you have this store: platos. you should check it out. it's a second hand store that only sells brand name clothes. my sister always finds great purses, cute jackets and jewelry.
and i love polyvore!
Mmm, great collection. When I was younger I hated fall - I missed wearing summer tank tops and shorts, but then I grew up and stopped being a skinny teenager and now I love fall fashion - cozy grey sweaters and tall leather boots and tailored coats. :D Happy shopping!
ReplyDeleteGet some dark green stuff too! it works like black but gives you some colour
ReplyDeletemy clothes are old too :( I need new jeans pretty badly
Oh ***LOVE*** and it's all in my color scheme - I'll take one of everything !!! LOL You don't have any bags!
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried "My Shape" it picks out clothes that would look good on you???
http://www.myshape.com/shop/register
You put all your measurements in and it comes up with a wardrobe just for you. The clothes are expensive but it goves you really great ideas about shape etc you can take to Marshalls or Target or Old Navy !