Last week I wandered into Goodwill on a whim. I really wasn't in the market for anything in particular, but decided to browse through the housewares. I walked away with $7 worth of treasures.
The first thing that caught my eye was this tray...
I fell in love with the colors and the shiny gold accents. I think it works with any season, really...now I just have to figure out where to use it!
Next, I bought my first piece of colorful pyrex.
I've seen many a collection of mismatched colors and patterns and could not resist starting my own. This bowl is probably not in the best of conditions {it has a few scratches} but it is a great size for mixing cookie dough for all the holiday baking that will be happening very soon!
And finally, a covered bunny dish.
You have no idea how I debated over this one. In the end, the thought of this little guy with colorful easter candy in him won me over. I don't have many spring decorations, and I think I'll be glad I bought him next year.
The guy at the register went on and on about how creepy this bunny dish is. He was warning me about it attacking me in my sleep...say what!? Yeah, it was weird. Do you think it's creepy? I think that guy was creepy, that's what I think.
Hope you guys are having a great week!
I love thrift store shopping. I love going to yard sales to looking for vintage and unique items. Great finds!!!
ReplyDeleteLove what you picked up! I found some new cameras and charms at an antique shop last week. I also picked up some old books. You never know what you'll find.
ReplyDeleteoh my god... i want that tray!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I think your bunny is great. I can totally see that bunny filled with starburst Jelly Beans on Easter season.
ReplyDeleteI think the guy is creepy too! LOVIN the Pyrex!! I keep buying it and the only reason it goes into my shop is because I do not have a nice shelf to display it on. I would love to have a collection of my own!
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to the different Pyrex patterns:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.pyrexlove.com/vintage-pyrex-pattern-guide/
This way you can check them off when you find them :)
Goodwill is the best!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to check out your pinterest, I'm on there too!
i have that same pyrex!! {it was mama's & she passed it down to me :) perfect for mixing cookies!} i have a few other colors, too! love your bunny dish...not creepy at all...that guy is crazy!
ReplyDelete