My baby sister turns 16 today! {That makes me feel incredibly old.}
{sorry for the blurry photos...it was early.}
I stopped by this mornng to drop off a birthday girl ribbon for her to wear to school today. I'm not sure if she'll wear it all day, it might not be "cool", but she humored me at least!
16 years ago today I was wearing a striped henly. I always remember what I was wearing the day she was born. I also remember hearing Lightning Crashes by Live on my pink plastic radio while I got ready that morning. Somehow it seemed fitting in a weird, creepy, scary kind of way. {for those of you who don't remember, there is a placenta mentioned in that song. ewwww}
It's hard to believe it's been 16 years, but she's grown into such a beautiful young lady, and I'm so proud to be her big sister.


Lightning Crashes was on the car stereo 13 years ago, when I drove to the hospital, while my sister was having delivering her first baby. Yes, it seemed very fitting and weird. Happy Birthday to your sister!
ReplyDeletePardon the grammatical typo- whoops!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Lydia!!!
ReplyDelete(you two look so much alike!)
Happy Birthday to your little sister. I'm sure you found just the gift for her. that's a very pretty picture of the two of you!
ReplyDelete