Yeah, that's a plastic toy horse turned planter...brilliant! What a fun way to use some old toys in a new and fresh way. In DK's case, she had saved this from her childhood. I just think that's awesome, and so brave! I'd probably get caught up in the senimentality of it, and miss out on enjoying it!
For those of us not lucky enough to have fabulous animal toys lying around {or not brave enough to alter them} there's this store. Plaid Pidgeon sells planters made of dinosaurs and safari animals. How fun are these!?
I love the bright colors and can just picture one of these rockin' it on my desk.
What do you think? Have these been missing from your life?
Also, I wanted to thank you all for your responses to yesterday's post! They had me laughing all day. In all actuality, yes, it startled me, but I never really thought I was in real danger. I mean, maybe for like 1/2 a second, but it was in a really open part of the trail by an elementary school, and there were tons of people around. It was more funny than anything! A little scary, but mosty funny.
Also, if you haven't entered for your chance to win a box of Helliemae's Salt Caramels, what are you waiting for!? Totally delicious, and so easy to enter!

I'm glad you liked it! It was kind of hard to cut into a toy that had a lot of sentimental value, but I can see it now instead of it being packed away, which makes it more enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteI want those!! How awesome are they? Thanks for sharing girl.
ReplyDeletethat triceratops is amazing.
ReplyDeleteVery CREATIVE!!!! and yes I have been missing these, thanks for bringing it back to my memory!
ReplyDeleteI LIKE the horse the best, well, because I like horses the best. But, really they ALL ROCK!
Enjoy,
Cathy