Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life...

                            Source: lanipauli.tumblr.com via jennifer on Pinterest


Since my half marathon, I've been thinking alot about life. I've been trying to embrace more moments, choose happiness, and dream about the future.   I've been evaluating what's really important, and figuring out how to live for those things instead of the things that don't really matter at all.

I'm learning to embrace some of the things that scare me.  I'm learning that it's okay to be a little scared, and that sometimes that just means I'm really living.  Stepping outside my comfort zone is a good thing.  In all actuality, the thing that scares me more than anything is picturing myself as an old woman, looking back over my life and thinking, "what if I hadn't been so scared."  That's what really scares me. 

This all became even more clear yesterday, when I learned of the passing of one of my blog friends. It's so surreal to me. Just like that.

This life is short, my friends. Love the people you love well, and step out of your comfort zone from time to time.

What are you most afraid of?

Other than the real important things, I'm terrified of ostriches, space and public speaking.

6 comments:

  1. Much truth is found here in your words.

    I am sorry about your friend. I am wondering is it someone I knew too?

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too short isn't it? Once you hit 29, the time just flies by! Good for you for embracing life!! Now go do something scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring post!

    Last year I made one of the biggest decisions of my life to leave my corporate job to pursue my passion and dreams.

    I am sure you will figure out what's best for you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the half marathon. That's certainly something to be proud of! Life is most definitely short and fleeting. I definitely don't want to base my decisions on fear. As far as my greatest fear? That's something I'd have to think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed life is unexpected, the only time we have is now, so live it to the fullest:):) I used to be scared of so many things, but now I feel OK about everything:):) It is a good place to be:)

    ReplyDelete