Friday, April 22, 2011

A pretty bicycle picture and random thoughts from the week....

                      Source: heatherbailey.typepad.com via jennifer on Pinterest


Isn't it weird how everything around us had to be thought up by someone?  Like, for instance, stairs.  Simple enough, but someone had to figure out how to make them work without collapsing, and how to figure the rise of them.

A friend and I got in a discussion about piercing baby girls' ears.  Mine were pierced at 9 months. {I remember it...weird story for another time.} All the girls in my family have their ears pierced as babies.  My friend on the other hand, wanted to let her daughter make that decision herself.  I can totally see both sides.  On the one hand, most women in our society have pierced ears, so maybe it's better to do it while they're little and unafraid.  On the other hand, there's probably something to be said for letting her decide she wants something, being brave and strong, and doing it.  What do you think?

Disqus is outta here!  No more Disqus widget.  I have been getting reports for a while that some of you were having difficulty commenting.  I should have just done this a long time ago.  Unfortunately, there's a whole period of time that I didn't have it synced correctly, and now all those comments are missing from the blog.  :(  Oh well.  I'm hoping now you all will be able to comment with ease! 

I have a serious problem with not seeing things that are right in front of my face.

******************************************************************************************************************************
Wishing you all a wonderful Easter!  I hope your weekend is filled with love and all things springy and delightful.

I have a piggy bank order to work on, and will probably go for my first run since the half marathon.  {I'm finally feeling human again.}  Ohhhh, perhaps I'll have Jon get my bike down from it's winter hanging spot and take it for a spin!

Sunday we'll be going to church to celebrate the ressurrection.  I have a special excitement this year about Easter.  My faith has grown deeper over the last year, and the promise of this holiday has my heart bursting with joy. 

In the afternoon we'll be off to dinner on the farm.  Oh, how I love dinners on the farm.  Grilled pork chops and freshly shaken gimlets, I cannot wait!

What are your plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I had mine done when I was um... 10? I made the decision myself. It hurt like !$@# because back then the guns were the only thing we knew about for ears. If I ever get more, I'll go to a piercing studio and get it done right.

    I think getting them done young isn't so bad. If she grows up and hates them, she can always take them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had mine done when I was minutes old. Actually my mother never has seen me without pierced ears. It was the 70s in Costa Rica and that's just what they did back then. I don't mind it at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had mine done when I was about 8 and didn't take care of it well enough and that lead to issues. I think I will offer it as an option to my daughter at 10, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Doing cartwheels that discus is gone from here! LOL



    Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com
    ♥(\_/)
    =(^.^)=
    (")_(")♥

    ReplyDelete