Friday, March 5, 2010

Poor little Sophie kitty....

Much to my horror, yesterday we discovered an abscess on Sophie's side.  It appears that she has been bitten and that it has become infected.  I'm quite certain that this is Chloe's doing. {You can check out the little suspect in the left sidebar if you're so inclined.}  Chloe loves to torment Sophie, and up until now, my attitude has been to just let them work it out.  However, this is not going to fly.  Poor Sophie has been sent to the vet {my stepfather} to have her wounds cleaned and attended to.  She will be on antibiotics to clear up the infection, and will probably have at least one shaved spot on her fur.  I'm hoping they don't find more bites.  I feel like a horrible mama.  I'm just so glad we discovered it when we did.  This little fur ball has really stolen a piece of my heart lately.  

In other news, I sold three chalkboards in the last two days on etsy!  Hooray!

This weekend, I have an out of control to-do list.  From what I can remember it goes something like this:

  • gather info for the accountant to finish up our taxes
  • balance the checkbook
  • fix break lights on my car
  • list items on etsy
  • make chalkboards
I know there is more.  I made a list last night, but it's at home on the kitchen counter....

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!  What are your plans?



4 comments:

  1. oh no! I hope your kitty gets better soon!!!

    p.s. just checked out your etsy site. Adore that audrey hepburn chalkboard! If you ever want to host a giveaway & promotion on my blog, let me know! Do you have ones in the shape of states? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or what about one shaped like the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhhh....poor, poor sophie! so glad you are getting her taken care of...you might have to start be the referee with those two....poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little kitty. :( Congrats on the sales...my shop is taking a long snooze.....hope it wakes up soon. :) Crazy weekend here too!

    ReplyDelete