Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another Lost post...

Remember how I said I loved it?  Well, I did, I can't deny it.  

That being said, the more I've talked it through with friends, the more disappointed I've become.  I mean, yes, it was crazy romantic and happy and uplifting....but what about all that stuff that they went through on the island?  Did none of that even matter?  

I still have a lot of burning questions, including, but not limited to:
  • what was up with the pregnant ladies dying?  did we ever find that out?
  • what was the point of the numbers?  just a way to tie it together?  why those numbers?
  • what was the connection between Jacob and the Dharma initiative?  
Now, admittedly, some of these things I didn't get may very well have been answered.  I watched every episode, but did not even begin to comprehend everything that was flying at me!  I definitely consider myself a fan, but I have not spent hours digging through lostpedia, or watching episodes over and over.  I have a friend like that.  He's the one I go to to ask all these questions, cause he usually knows the answer.

He brought up a good point.  The writers certainly left it open for a movie plot if they so desire.  Think about it.  Hurley was left in charge of the island, with Ben as his #2.  Ben suggested Hurley start by getting Desmond home.  {Right there you have a task for a movie.} We know they followed through with that, because when Ben was sitting in the courtyard outside the church, he and Hurley talked about it, saying that they'd done a good job. 

They could totally bring back the children for a "Lost, The Next Generation" if you will.  You've got Walt, Aaron, and Sun and Jin's kid.  Think about it!

They certainly left plenty of things to still explain and delve into deeper if they so choose.

I'm kind of hoping for a movie now.  I'd just be scared that they'd make it totally lame, and dumb it down for a general audience or something.

I'll stop rambling about this.  Point being, I still loved the ending, but I wish I knew more!

Would you be excited about a Lost movie?



2 comments:

  1. I am an enormous Lost fan and feel as though I've had a death in the family. I really feel lost without this show. I loved the final episode and moreso after reading this article which the Lost fanpage on Facebook led me to....
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20387946,00.html
    It's long, and I've only read part 1, but worth every paragraph.

    Yes, you bring up good questions, but I think we were made aware that not all the mysteries were going to be attended to. Maybe that's a good thing. In some ways, I think having the answer takes away the mysticism and ethereal spirit away from the series and Island... I think I can live with not knowing.

    I must admit to being very disappointed in this last season... I felt that it was crammed with information, and timelines moved SO much faster than the rest of the series (which really gave me a sense of experiencing it with these people) and I was unable to remember what happened in the previous episode because of the 'cramming' so that when I would see a scene in the current episode, I'd miss part of the scene as I wracked my brain for how this fit in, based on what just happened in the previous episodes... am I making sense? It made me so mad at the writers for saying THIS had to be the last season... there's no law.... they should have done it right. Truly this season should have stretched out to next year.

    On top of that, if the writers felt they had conveyed to me clearly that just because Desmond and Hurley had a random flashback in the FlashSidewards World that they suddenly remembered all the Island World and needed to get everyone together... no, they did not. To me, they had random flashbacks which confused them, not made things clear, so all the steps taken by Desmond going forward seemed so baffling, and I made no connection from them to any flashback he'd had. I don't know... maybe that was intentional,but I didn't like that. Had I not seen the episode with all the Cast Interviews and Recapping of previous seasons which they showed before the Final Episode where the writers say what has been going on in this season, I'd be just as confused (as I've been all season) while watching the Final episode, and that would have been tragic.

    But lest it be unclear.... I am devastated. I loved this show and all the cast. I don't know what I will do without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, even though I loved the last episode, it did leave a lot unexplained! There should at least be a follow up show, if not a movie.... so much needs to be explained!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete