In case you haven't noticed, I've sort of adopted typewriters as my image of choice for my friday to-do posts. For some reason, I associate them with list making. That doesn't really make sense, but I don't care.
I wish computers made the same melodic sound when we typed on them. Although, that would probably get pretty annoying at the office. I remember taking "typing" in 8th grade. While they weren't quite as old as the one above, we learned on actual typewriters. The teacher would put a record on {which was outdated even then} with songs like "Mr. Football USA" and we would all type to the beat. It was ridiculous and cheesy, and so much fun!
I met one of my dearest friends to this day in that class. Good times.
So, what's on the agenda for this weekend?
- Run! I'm starting a boot camp class next week, and don't want to completely die in front of my friends!
- Get a present for my dad...tomorrow is his birthday! {any suggestions on what to get a guy who has everything? He's not a golfer, hunter, or fisherman and has ever tool known to man.}
- Celebrate Dad's birthday at a barbeque with friends/family.
- Relax.
This weekend should be pretty low key and I couldn't be happier! Bring on the weekend!
What's on your agenda?
{photo credit: jo bradford}

k...i just felt like you posted a friday to-do...the weeks just fly by! i loved typing class, too! it was so much fun {we had to type to old silly songs, too!}
ReplyDeleteanyway, hope your daddy has a great birthday!
How about a "date" with you. I'm sure he'd love to have lunch with you or something else. Or a gift card/certificate to do something he loves (dinner, movie, museum...). Good luck and enjoy his birthday this weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteHmm, hate to say it but that looks very much like the typewriter I used in my Jr. High typing class...totally manual, had to take my hand off of the keys to hit the return lever, which was an easy way to end up with your fingers on the wrong set of keys! I know this so well as I can not count the number of times I've had sentences that read: Tjo qiocl brpwm fpx ki,[ed pver tje femce/
ReplyDeleteYes the old manuals did have a pleasant clickity-clackity melodic quality to them but I doubt I'd like to exchange my enter/return key for that aggravating return lever. LOL
Oh I remember having to take a typing test for a job when I was in high school. It was a really old typewriter that you had to manually push back to get on the next line.. not knowing that I ended up typing write off the edge of the page. Oops. Have a great weekend! ;)
ReplyDeleteWe still had typwriters when I was in high school :) Wish my kids had to learn on one too.
ReplyDeleteDad's are tough to buy for! There are only so many ties a guy really needs.
Maybe you could take him out for supper - just the two of you?
This weekend we will be mowing the grass - woohoo!
Your weekend sounds great. Back in my day we only had typewriters. We also learned how to use business machines and took shorthand! Oh those were the days! Oh, we also learned how to dress for the office since that is what we were expected to do. HAHA!
ReplyDelete(E-mail me your address so I can send you that DVD)
Oh, I almost forgot...I will be getting a haircut and making stacked china lamps this weekend. Should be a nice quiet one for me and that's just how I like it!
ReplyDelete