Who watched the Lost finale last night?
I know there are some Losties who read this, so I thought I'd share my thoughts, and see what you guys thought as well! For those of you who aren't fans, sorry, you might as well skip this post! ;)
First of all, I just want to say, that I cannot believe it's over! I remember talking to a friend here at work the day it first aired, and asking if he was going to watch. We both decided it might be an interesting show. I almost didn't tune in, because I'm mildly of afraid of flying and didn't want those images in my head. Well, I'm glad I did! It's been quite the ride!
Okay, on the finale...I LOVED it!
I know there are some mixed responses to the ending, but I have to say, I thought it was epic! I was a little surprised that they took it there, and I imagine that it wasn't necessarily the most popular way to go, but to me, it was perfect.
I love that today I'm still discussing it with my friends, and trying to figure it all out, but yet not left with a "what the heck just happened" feeling. I was fearful that they would leave us completely guessing. I feel like I was given just enough closure balanced with just to ponder.
There were so many goosebump moments during the final show. Like the reunions of each of the couples. Sayid and Shannon {I forgot they were a couple until the recap!}, Sawyer and Juliet, Claire and Charlie, and of course Jack and Kate. Loved those sweet moments.
I was blown away with the fact that I never once picked up on Jack's dad's name, Christian Shepard, and the literal interpretation of that. Never occurred to me until Kate asked Desmond who died! Maybe it was just me....
Anyway, as a Christian, I was touched by the symbolism. The empty tomb, the father's love, the fact that he led them into the light. Perfect.
I'm not sure when to believe they all died, but I think that's part of the point. I think it's supposed to be left open for interpretation.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling now....
What did you think? Love it? Hate it? Do you feel like they left you hangin'?

Epic is totally the word to describe it! I started watching it at the end of season 5 - well, we caught up on all the DVDs and then started watching it on TV. I had a few lingering questions after the finale but nothing major... they tied up all the things I really wanted to know, like Adam and Eve.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm SO SO SO glad Juliet came back for the finale. I squealed when she came into Sun's room. And the scene with Sawyer, with the lines from when she died - perfect!!
I'm somewhere in the middle with the whole thing, but I agree- such an epic series and I love that everyone's talking about it and analyzing it.
ReplyDeleteBut don't you think there were WAY too many commercials? Crazy! I heard somewhere there was over 45 minutes of commercials and ABC received about $900,000 for each minute of ad time. That seems a little insane.
Don't watch, but I heard it was great!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE sawyer and juliet. I've been waiting this whole season to see her. I loved the way they flashed back through the memories.
ReplyDeleteThere were some unanswered questions for me, but overall I thought it was good.
we loved it!....and were totally glued to the tv all sunday! it is so weird that it is over now! i have to find a new show!
ReplyDeleteI liked the ending...but I am the only one of of my friends that liked it. I wish a few more things were answered, but overall a very good final episode.
ReplyDeletethey glossed over so many important plot points from all of the other seasons that they said would be explained, so it was a huge disappointment... i think anyone who was really into the show would have to agree with that. having said that, i am a hopeless romantic so i did enjoy watching it.
ReplyDelete