Thursday, May 13, 2010

I am grateful for....

Family.
I received word this morning that my aunt's house was hit by a tornado. 

 She was in her kitchen making breakfast for my cousin when she felt a burst of suction and saw the roof of her covered porch twisting off.  Thankfully, they made it to the basement, but she fell while going down the stairs and injured her knee and pulled her neck.  

I'm so grateful that they are all okay.  The roof is gone from her porch, laundry room and about 6 feet of her kitchen, but it sounds as though it could have been much worse.

She said it's the scariest thing she's ever experienced.  I cannot even imagine.

{photo credit:  madelyn * }

7 comments:

  1. Sending prayers to your family! At least they are safe. I can't even imagine how scary that would be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray to your family.... Hope everything would be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they're ok, tornadoes scare the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also grateful that they are ok, how scary. I can't even imagine the terrifying feeling you and your family felt. Keep us posted on her physical injuries and my prayers go to everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Many prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, jen...i just now read this...i am so thankful they are safe..can't even imagine how terrifying that must have been...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great thing to be grateful for. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete