Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Houseversary...


Last Friday marked one year that we've been in our new house.  It's strange how on one hand it seems like we just moved in, and on the other it seems we've always lived here.  I remember the months, and months...and even more months that we had our old house on the market and were waiting to be able to find our new home.  Finally, just as we were losing hope altogether, our buyer came, and we went out searching for our new place....the right place for us.  I can now say without a doubt that we found just that.  We are exactly where we're meant to be.  I'm certain of it.

The last year in this house has made everything new again. Holidays have held a little something special.  We've had new spaces to decorate, new neighbors to befriend.  It struck me the other day that all the "first year" holidays are over.  But then, I realized that there are still some firsts we can have here...and I think they'll be the best of all.  ;)  

I think each year will get better as we make memories in this home.  We plan on living here for a long, long time.  I can't wait to watch our maple grow in the front yard.  Someday, it will be big and will cast glorious red light into our living room from it's fiery leaves in the fall.  We'll look back on our pictures and everything will look different.  Our home will be richer, more full of love, and probably more full of stuff.

I'm so very grateful for my home.  We have been blessed beyond words with a beautiful place to call ours. 

Here's to many more years!

Do you love your home, or is it just a place you live?



7 comments:

  1. Aw, congrats on one successful year! To many more in your loving home!I do love our place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about havig a special affinity for your home. We've been in ours almost years and love it as much today as the first day we saw it. Jane

    P.S. thanks for your comment on my postcard post today - loved the use of postcards at your wedding. Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sorta love it- the only reason is it was a fixer upper and we are still fixing it up! If we ever get finished I will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irv and I bought our house 6 months after we got married. We were 20 years old and the house cost $17,500. That was 1972. It was 660 square feet. Our house has been remortgaged many times over, it's been added on to to make it a whopping 1000 square feet! We have raised 3 kids here and had every pet from mice to rabbits! The only thing I would trade my little house for would be my log home on a lake in the mountains...otherwise, this is where I plan to be forever.

    Pretty soon we'll be putting in a swingset and building a sandbox and hanging a swing from the tree out back for our grandchildren...it will be like old times.

    I love my home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy housaversary! so many more beautiful memories to make in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your housaversary! Right now we're just in a place to live but I hope to someday have a home again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you've been there for a year! How time flies. You have a wonderful home, ready to be lived and loved in for years!

    ReplyDelete