Thursday, April 1, 2010

clearly canadian...

We were just watching an episode of Seinfeld, and Jerry busted out a couple of these from his fridge...

image from here.

O.M.G. 
{That's right, I just threw out an OMG.}

I had completely forgotten about Clearly Canadian!  It was only the most awesome drink ever when I was a kid/young teen!  Raspberry was definitely my favorite.  
Apparently it's poised to make a comeback.  Now in plastic bottles, and with only 25 calories per serving.  {I'm sure the plastic is more readily recycled, but the glass bottle was part of the charm!  And, unfortunately it's made with sucralose.  i steer clear of artificial sweeteners, but might have to make an exception for one of these!}

You can check out their website here and see if there's a retailer near you here.
The closest to us is in North Kansas City.  So close, yet just far enough to keep me from getting my hands on it easily.

Do you guys remember Clearly Canadian?  If so, did you love it as much as I did?

10 comments:

  1. ohhhhh hilarious! YES i loved Clearly Canadian. This reminds me of middle school when I would eat a bagel and cream cheese like every day for lunch.

    and I really liked Fresca then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about them! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! I loved the cherry... yummy, yummy! Thanks for the trip down memory lane~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i.love.clearly.canadian!!! {i also dropped a bottle on the tile kitchen, it shattered and i ended up with 7 stitches in my foot...darn tile floor!} oohhhhhh, can't wait for the comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that stuff, but it has to be the kind with real sugar in it because fake fruity aspartame is kinda gross :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MY goodness! I used to be obsessed with Clearly Canadian! In the summer when i was in middle school, my friends and I used to walk to a grocery store for summer treats and I would always get one of these! Oh memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That was a trip down memory lane. Yes, I totally remember Clearly Canadian now. That stuff was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember these, and like you, I try to avoid anything with artificial or real sweetners now.

    Thanks for coming by my blog.

    You seem to be a cat person too:) Sweet pics of your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cannolli That was my favorite also !!! Probably had 4,000 grams of suger in it but I was in love and foolish ! LOL For a special treat I would mix it with cranberry juice to make a spritzer ! Those were the good old days !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must have been 8 or 9 when those were popular, and I loved the glass bottles too - I collected them (hoarded them really) until my mom found dozens under my desk and tossed them all in the recycling. :o)

    Will definitely try them if they're coming out again... hopefully they'll be the same as I remember!

    ReplyDelete