Tuesday, April 6, 2010

confession...I'm a home haircutter...

That's right, I said it.  I cut my own hair.  You see, when you have naturally curly hair, you just never know what might happen.  If the stylist doesn't understand curly hair, it can turn out much shorter than anticipated and you can end up looking like a chia pet very easily.  I mean, remember Felicity's famous haircut?  Plus, I'm totally cheap, and if I can do something myself instead of paying someone else to do it, I usually do.

Now, that being said, I've found myself somewhat obsessed over the bride's hair in this inspiration shoot by photographer Sara Grey.

I am by no means talented enough to pull off layers in my home salon, but I'm contemplating going to get my hair cut like a normal person.  I've thought about this before, but have never found a look that I loved enough to give it a try.

What do you all think?  Should I go get my locks cut like this beautiful lady?

p.s. this model's name is Jennifer too.  I feel kinda like a creepy stalker!  eek!




5 comments:

  1. so pretty!!! i would just call before hand and ask the salon if there is anyone there with an expertise in curly locks?! who does your mama use...or does she trim her own, too? hmmmmmm, so hard to trust someone with your gorgeous hair!!! {i started cutting hollis' hair..he's already had three haircuts!}
    xox,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair is gorgeous- I say go for it! I went two years before before FINALLY getting a haircut this weekend. My hair is to my waist and I got 5 inches off. I swear it looks the same, lol. Boring old long, straight hair! The curls are gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she has awesome hair!
    I cut mine at home too but it's straight and I usually just lop it off in one go... much easier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, I have thick hair and my last hair cut at the salon left me looking like a chow dog. seriously its short like I asked but because I have so much hair it just won't stay nicely in one place. anyways it's been two months and I'm just waiting for it to grow back.
    the girl in the photo has gorgeous hair, is your hair also that length? I agree with Amanda about calling the salon ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should totally do it! That photo is a fabulous reference. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete