Thursday, April 1, 2010

open windows...



It's open window weather!  

I cannot get over how gorgeous it has been this week!  As soon as I get home, I throw open the windows and soak in the fresh air!  {Friday they're even calling for thunderstorms!  squeal!}

The kitties have enjoyed sitting in the windows, smelling the smells, and feeling the breeze on their faces as well.  I don't think there's quite anything as relaxing as sleeping with the windows open in spring, and the way you wake up all refreshed.  Love it!

I spent some time sitting on my back patio yesterday evening with a glass of wine and a book our small group from church is reading {is that bad?} After I finished my studies, I sat and soaked in the neighborhood.  The way the light bounces off the houses as the sun sets.  The sounds of children playing.  I got a little choked up thinking about how one year ago, we were still in our old house, wanting to move so badly, and seeing no change in sight.  Little did we know that on Easter Sunday we'd be accepting an offer and that our lives would begin to change.  This last year has brought so many blessings.  I love my home, and I love our neighborhood, and the friends that have come along with it.  I'm truly blessed.

I hope you are all enjoying spring as much as I am.

Do you enjoy thunderstorms, or am I crazy?

p.s. any more feedback from my last post?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. open windows are.the.best! can't believe it's already been a year since ya'll began your moving process...cRAzY!
    i loves me a good thunderstorm, too...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was raised in Florida, so I love thunderstorms! Sadly, it never rains where I live now and I really miss it. Your kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore thunderstorms, I just hate the fact that they leave my backyard a horrible muddy mess which the dogs then drag into the house ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love open windows!! Thunderstorms not so much...haha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish it was open window weather here. We've had nothing but rain for the last three days.

    I do like thunderstorms, as long as I'm not out in them!

    ReplyDelete