V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!
Yes, it's true, I did not tell you...I'm sneaky like that. {call me paranoid, but I wasn't up for broadcasting our absence to the world} Some of you may remember me being a little stressed week before last and feeling like I had too much to do ...well, now you know why. I was getting ready for a trip! Make sense?
Today it's back to work, and back to reality. Vacations certainly make you appreciate your "norm" though, don't you think? I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE vacations, and I enjoyed every second, but I am all refreshed and ready to go back to my life with a new zest!
We passed through the Flint Hills. Such beautiful country. It seems to stretch on forever!
They were burning the fields, and it was awesome to see.
{Don't anybody get your green panties in a bunch, this is an essential, and controlled process in this land's ecosystem.}
{if you enlarge this picture^ you can see the flames!}
Any guesses where we were headed?
I don't know...but I am very curious!
ReplyDeleteI don't know the area, but those iced coffees look really good!! How do you make them - just chill coffee? I've done that before and for some reason they never seem to turn out like the kind you get from a coffee shop...
ReplyDeleteFlint Hills? Cool name, excited to see where you went..always fun to see different parts of our beautiful country!
ReplyDeleteI am jealous! I want a vacation. Glad you had a good time & can't wait to see more pictures :)
ReplyDeletei know, i know!! ha! ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting me today,,,and yes we all can use a vacation to regroup,,,have no idea where you went,,but I heard the Flint hills are beautiful..glad you had a great time...
ReplyDeleteDevon
How fun!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear where you went!
No guesses from me... but I'm glad had fun! And YUM, iced coffee! My favorite!
ReplyDelete88 ounces of iced coffee....o now i want one!
ReplyDeletealso, the photos of your kitties on the sidebar are so darling! we have two cats who are royalty in our household too :)
You have very beautiful cats!!!
ReplyDeleteooo i love a good road trip! looks like decent weather, which is always a plus! hope it was a blast.
ReplyDeletethanks for visiting my blog! hope to see you again soon. :)
looks so beautiful,the weather here in the UK cant seem to make its mind up lol x
ReplyDeleteSounds like your vacation got off to a good start, thanks for stopping by my blog. :0)
ReplyDeleteIs it wrong that at the moment I'm more jealous of your coffee than the vacation? lol
ReplyDeleteSounds relaxing!Flint is a type of stone. It looks sort of like flat country in the photos. I'm wincing while guessing, Oklahoma? Makes me want to take a road trip for our anniversary this summer!
ReplyDeleteNo idea where you were headed but love the views on the way! Glad you enjoyed and don't mind coming back... I get SO depressed when my vacations end! LOL!
ReplyDeleteso off the subject, but...i do love your granite countertops! great color mix! :)
ReplyDeletexo
Greetings from Australia!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog! I'd love to go on a vacation-anywhere! It looks like you had fun.
About to check your Etsy shop.
Kind regards,
Stella
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteWish I had some time and money saved up for a vacation! I sure could use one :)