Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter on the Farm...

How was everyone's Easter?  Ours was completely unexpected and wonderful!

We had a busy day of yard work, errands and birthday parties on Saturday, so we decided to sleep in, do some things around the house and then go to the 5pm service at church.  Well, at about 1:00, Jon's dad called to remind him to bring his baseball glove....say what!?

Needless to say, Jon had a lapse of brain power which caused him to completely space off the fact that we were supposed to go to his dad's for dinner at 3:00.  This was the first I had heard of it.  So, we got ready, and headed to the farm!  We got there early, so we thought we might still make it to church, but we were just having too much fun, so we stayed.  It was a wonderful Easter!

We had the most delicious dinner.  On the menu:  grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, green beans with bacon and warm garlic herb bread.  Oh, and of course my usual gimlet!  ;)  Now, I'm not really the biggest fan of pork chops, but oh my, were they delicious!  I didn't know a pork chop could taste that good!  As George kept saying, "you can't go wrong with an Iowa Chop".  Agreed!

I, of course, did not take a picture of the food, because I was too intent on stuffing my face.  I did get a picture of the dessert, however.  Look at this decadent chocolate cake!    Paired with a scoop of ice cream, it was too die for!  {please note the darling little dessert fork...love!}


Jon couldn't help himself and busted into a rendition of Bill Cosby's Chocolate Cake bit.  
I might have joined in.  ;)
{If you don't know what I'm talking about you can go here to watch it.  About the 7 minute mark is what we were doing.  ha!} 

What a lovely Easter!  I'll share more pictures from our day on the farm later.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! My John and I had the same sort of Easter, got things done around the house then stuffed our faces with family. Good times!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've had it with food for the next week ;) Although that cake does indeed look tempting!

    ReplyDelete