Monday, August 16, 2010

How To Be Alone



Found this here.  I think it's pretty awesome.  Being alone is something I've always struggled with, but I'm learning to be better at it.

We've been talking about solitude with our small group as we study this book, and about how it's in those quiet moments that God speaks to you.  It's when you stop trying to fill the void that the void within you is filled.  I found this video fitting to my recent appreciation of solitude.

I hope you enjoy it too.

Do you get any solitude in your life?  Do you enjoy alone time?

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE being alone but i HATE feeling alone. i don't really GET solitude but i make sure to give myself some or i will go CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to be alone! I will be alone again this week until Thursday! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left my first comment before watching the video. I agree with her. The first time I ever ate lunch alone I felt strange and thought people were looking at me. I don't mind at all now. I love to antique shop alone - that way I do not feel rushed to move on. I can think on things or revisit them. One thing I have never done is gone to the movies alone- but I want to some day. I have to build up the courage though. Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, girl! you know i enjoy every second of a car ride all by myself...i'll even take the kids sleeping in the backseat! the quiet is so nice...
    love my family, love my children, love my life...but ever once in a while i just need a moment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could just copy Alexa's comment... Exactly the same with me.
    I really need some 'private' time to keep sane. I love to be alone, travel alone and I always says that my best friend is myself...

    ReplyDelete