I came away with some new treasures...
An old Coca Cola crate...
I love how vibrant it still is, and how the branding is on the inside too.
A recipe box...
I've been wanting a recipe box for all those random recipes that are floating around on pieces of paper. I picked this up and said, "well, this is kinda cute." That's when my mom told me that her mother had a recipe box just like this one...I was sold! I added another project to my list. This baby needs some matching recipe cards and my recipes need to get transferred on them!
A glass washboard...
On one side underneath "Victory Glass" it reads "Use this washboard made of materials not needed for defense and help win the war". So cool. I didn't notice this til I got it home, and it only made me love it more! I've seen some incredible medicine cabinets made out of washboards, but I don't think I can stand to drill into this one, it's too perfect.
And last, but certainly not least, a set of strawberry dishes...
These are so cute, and I cannot wait for the next time I serve fruit salad, just so i can use this bowl! The small ones would be darling for strawberry shortcake. I'm on the lookout for more small bowls, since it only had three with the set. I'd love to find more!
I hope Mom had as much fun on her birthday outing as I did! She walked away with the most darling little desk and chair, a Fisher Price wobble dog, and a Boyd's bear. I think it's safe to say we'll be doing it again before too long!
Do you enjoy antiquing? If so, what's the best thing you've ever found?





wow those are some awesome finds!! i want strawberry dishes! one time i found a vintage green chair at a yard sale, and now it's in my living room :]
ReplyDeleteFun!! I love the little recipe box! Oh my favorite thing changes every time I go :)
ReplyDeletegreen chair: http://yourstrulydear.blogspot.com/2009/07/az-part-5-chair.html
ReplyDeletehow fun! i want that coke thing. coolest thing EVER!!! what a great day for you and your mama!
ReplyDeleteso fun, jen! i should have had you on the lookout for a few things for me! ha! great finds and looks like ya'll had fun! those are the best days ever...
ReplyDeletegreat finds... love the antique recipe box... my favourite thing is finding one old vintage postcard on vacations as a simple keepsake...!
ReplyDelete