Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fort Worth...

Our destination was Fort Worth, Texas!  We went to visit some of our favorite people!  Amanda and I have been the best of friends for about 24 years.  She and her wonderful husband have the two cutest kids on earth and we were long overdue for a visit.  {almost 3 years!}  We finally got to meet sweet little Hollis, and Ava has gone from a tiny baby to an all out kid since we last saw her!  They are both absolutely darling and made us anxious for the day that we will become parents ourselves!  ;)

Our first outing was to the Fort Worth Zoo.  It was awesome!  I really haven't been to a zoo in a very long time, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I thought it was really fantastic.  It didn't hurt that it was the perfect weather that day.  Not hot, not cold, just right!
...more vacation fun to come! {also, if you click on the collages, they'll get bigger!}


Do you like zoos?  What's your favorite zoo animal?

My favorites are always the big cats.  It's amazing to me how similar their mannerisms are to my kitties!  I just want to snuggle them!

10 comments:

  1. I do love zoos, I wish some of them could be a bit more interactive though. Favorite animal? Hmmm. I actually really love the free roaming peacocks that run around honking at you :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...it just seems like it was yesterday...seriously, time flew way too fast...
    i love, love, love these collages! so, so cool! which of your fab programs did you use to create them?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am returning the compliment! Zoos? My kids love them. I have mixed feelings, though we always have a great time when we go. There is a fantastic zoo in Jerusalem - we love the elephants the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photo collage!

    ohhhh yes, I adore zoos. I just bathed an elephant at the national zoo last week! :) a post should be up on the NGC site about it soon.

    Glad you had a great time in Ft. Worth - it's such a cool city!

    www.passportinmypocket.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I love zoos, although I'm reminded of something after reading your profile. I, too, have an unnatural fear of ostriches! Was chased by one when I was a but a wee little girl and haven't forgotten it. Those things are freaky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, looks like you all had a ball! I love the Dallas World Aquarium. Their jelly fish tanks are hypnotising. Their otters are quite the charmers especially with kids. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going to the zoo in a couple of weeks. I love looking at the beautiful animals....but I must say that I can't think about it too much because it really makes me sad. I hate that they are in cages and pens when they really belong out in nature free to live the way they are intended too. I do understand how good it is for education....but it still bothers me....but we will have a wonderful time and I'll take lots of pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am addicted to zoos! My favorite are the big cats as well...for the exact same reason! I love how they move and act like house cats (except a lot bigger...obviously :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to a zoo in years!! I like the giraffes! They are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post :)
    i do like going to the zoo once in a while.. because its a chance to visit and learn about animals you may not ever see in a life time!
    The giraffes are my favourite to watch... I was lucky enough to feed a few this year :) Lovely blog you have also.. keep up the great work
    Have a magical day :)

    ReplyDelete