Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A few fun finds...{Recipes}

For whatever reason {working out 28 days in a row maybe?} I'm starving this week!  Since my mind's been on food, I wanted to share some recipes that have caught my eye recently. 

My dad and his sweetheart have been enjoying pickled cucumbers lately. {which I've had the pleasure of partaking in, and they are delish}  I'll be trying this variation this weekend.   I <3 dill pickles!




This makes my mouth water just looking at it. How refreshing!  Plus, it's pink.  Who doesn't love a pink cocktail?

These look delicious, and would be the perfect accompaniment to  my new favorite salsa of all time:


Made with a can of diced tomatos instead of romas, plus two cloves of garlic.  Seriously guys, best salsa EVAH!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

I am linking up to Yes, Teacher's Tickle me Tuesday post. Hop over and check out the other great finds!

What are you craving lately?  Also, sweet or dill pickles...or neither?
I've been wanting to devour everything in site the last couple days, especially meat, but not limited to above salsa, homemade ice cream and asian snack mix.  {And no, I'm not preggers.}
 
I'm a dill pickle girl all the way.  Sweet pickles make me gag.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my Mom used to make refrigerator pickles. What a fun recipe find =) I forgot all about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dill...only dill! {ava loves both dill and sweet though...she is a pickle junkie...i think she would live on them if i let her!} we may need to make those egg rolls and that drinky while i'm up for my visit...i think i could possibly live off of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...those pickles sound fab and that margarita is the most beautiful color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, those eggrolls look divine!! I plan to give it a try!
    Found you via etsy's blog team:)
    www.impactjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those eggrolls look drool-worthy! And so does that margarita ;)..... and now I'm hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been craving my husband's homemade Thai soup, which luckily will be made this weekend! No clue why I've been wanting a hot dish during our hot summer, but I've been dreaming about it for a while now.

    That margarita looks like a yummy, cool drink for any cookout. Might have to try it this summer! As for pickles? Neither...I can't stand the smell of them. If I ever get pregnant, I'll be shocked if I crave them.

    ReplyDelete