Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How to set up your profile to receive replys to your comments via email....

I fear this might be kind of basic.  Although, I wasn't aware of it until a couple of weeks ago, and considering the number of comments I get without a way to respond by email, I'm guessing I wasn't the only one in the dark.

Did you know you can set up your profile to allow for email reply's to your comments?  It's super easy, and makes commenting so much more fun!  I've been amazed at how many sweet responses I've gotten from bloggers since updating this feature in my own profile.  Responses I probably wasn't getting before because they didn't have a way to contact me directly without going on a hunt.

From your Dashboard, go to "Edit Profile".  You'll want to make sure "Show my email address" is checked and that you've filled in the "Email Address" field under Identity.

Photobucket

It's that easy!  If you have any questions at all, just ask. 


Tell me, am I the only one who didn't know about this?  Do you have your profile set up so you can receive replys?

p.s. Don't forget to enter the giveaway from Catching Fireflies! 

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know about it either, so you're not alone. :)
    I'm off to change it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I did not have this set up and now I do! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I couldn't figure out how to do that. I get comments but I can't respond to them and I was wondering what to tweak in my set up to be able to do that. It was easy and fast. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a doll! I did not know that and have just now changed it! Thanks
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it was there but I chose not to have it set up. I just reply on my blog or if it needs personal attention, I go to their profile and email them.

    Hope you are having a great week!

    <><

    ReplyDelete