You just heat some oil in a skillet with one kernel,
{Isn't it weird how the burner looks purple in the picture? It really is red, I swear!}
When that kernel pops, you just pour in some more kernels, cover and shake til the popping slows.
Divide into bowls and season as desired.
Jon doused his in butter and cheese powder, I went with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle {or maybe a few sprinkles} of Parmesan cheese. Seriously...so good!
Oh, and look at this little butterfly shaped one.
Cute, right!?
I don't know that I'll ever buy microwave popcorn again. This was so easy, and so much better for you!
Speaking of popcorn....
Father's Day is coming up, and I have a great gift for you! This started out as a custom order in the shop, but I thought it was brilliant, so it's now listed. A popcorn bowl for the special dad or grandpa in your life. Each popcorn has the name of his kids/grandkids! Fill 'er up with popcorn, treats and maybe even some movies and you're all set! Completely customizable!
Get yours here, Father's Day is June 19th, so don't delay!
So tell me, have you ever made popcorn on the stove? Am I the only one who hadn't?





I've never done it but it is the only way my mom did it growing up and my step dad now does this all the time. yummy!!! you guys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteIt's much cheaper to make popcorn yourself. Also, you can make flavors too.
ReplyDeleteCheck out this recipe for caramel popcorn. I've made it and it's delicious.
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/caramel-popcorn/Detail.aspx
Ayla
Your not the only one :) My dad always made it this way for us when we were growing up, but I got stuck in the microwave popcorn generation. Then, I started thinking about all the chemicals in that popcorn and I bought my self a whirly pop a year ago... there's no turning back!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid that is the only way popcorn was ever made at our house (I guess I am from the generation who remembers getting a microwave and it being a BIG deal) I have not had it like that in years and have actually NEVER made it like that myself. I remember my Mom shaking and shaking the big cast iron skillet and popcorn being such a treat!
ReplyDeletegreat idea! New follower! http://otmgifts.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYou know, I've never made my own popcorn either... it was always bags of Orville Redenbacher. I might have to give it a try! Actually, I'd really like to make my own caramel corn... I think I'm going to go hunt down a recipe. :)
ReplyDeleteI hate doing it on the stove. We got an air popper that you plug in as a Xmas gift one year and I LOVE it.
ReplyDelete