Monday, June 13, 2011

Knockout!

                                            Source: ffffound.com via jennifer on Pinterest


A while back, I was given another chance to review CSN Stores. After stumbling through their GIGANTIC stock, I finally decided on some boxing gloves and pads.  Seems a little random, no?  I think it was inspired by the new trainers on the Biggest Loser, and their focus on boxing.

Anyway, yesterday we finally gave them a go!  Let me tell you, it was so much fun!  It's pretty amazing how great punching something feels, and holy cow, it's a great workout!  I had sweat dripping off of me I'm sure I looked as elegant as the girl in the poster above.  :)

I started by running a mile on the treadmill, then we boxed for about 15 minutes, and then I ran another mile.  It was nice to break up the running a bit, and add something new! 

This was one of the only workouts Jon and I have ever made it through together without getting in an argument.  Probably because it was perfectly acceptable for me to punch him.  {on the pads, of course.}

I'm definitley feeling sore today, but in a good way!  You know?

31 day challenge:  13 down, 18 to go!

{I can tell I've been exerting a lot more energy than usual.  I pretty much passed out on the couch Friday night {no alcohol involved}.  Jon finally got me to go to bed, poor guy.  I slept like a log.}

Have you ever boxed, or tried any activities out of your usual routine?  Tell me about it!

Another successful experience with CSN Stores.  Seriously guys, they're the real deal. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried boxing, and I'd be TERRIFIED to try it against another person, but I'd be down for punching the crap out of a bag. It sounds like a great stress-reliever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to learn kickboxing--my friends who do it looove it, and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! I've never tried boxing, just kickboxing. But it sounds like something I'd enjoy. Great job with your 31 day challenge! :) Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how dang cool is that?? i wanna try!! keep knockin em out girl. ♥

    ReplyDelete