I've learned over the years that the mind is a powerful thing. I believe with all my heart that a positive attitude can make all the difference in the world. I'm working on letting this knowledge seep into every part of my life, cause it makes everything awesome. I do think I'm a pessimist by nature. {Maybe that's just me being pessimistic.} However, I also believe I can choose to be optimistic. I can choose to be happy.
And so can you.
What are you doing to choose happiness? Are you a natural optimist or pessimist?
In other news, my 31 before 31 challenge is going fantastic! I'm actually finding it quite liberating to have it already decided and planned. There's no talking myself out of it every day. I know I have to get a run in, so I just schedule it into my day. 6 days down, 25 to go!
being optimistic certainly takes practice for me, and it doesn't tend to come very naturally. however, once i learned the habit, it has been life changing. life really is beautiful. and those words are gorgeous and inspirational!
ReplyDeleteBeing optimistic is a healthy lifestyle! Less stress because you aren't allowing pessimism to destroy the good things all around you.
ReplyDeleteI smile a lot! That helps, It helps those around me too. Even when I don't want to smile, I do!
Have a wonderful day!
<><
I'm a huuuuuge pessimist... but I'm trying!
ReplyDeleteHave you ever read any of Lou Tice's books or his newsletter? It's all about this kind of stuff and I really love the inspiration I get from it.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, lady!
I used to be very optimistic & I miss that part of me quite a bit. I don't know if I was naturally that way, or just lucky to have good things going for me. After having a lot of really sucky things happening back to back, I started giving in to the pessimism because it was easier...but now I'm trying to make an active effort to find the silver linings & turn things around.
ReplyDeleteThat I know you didn't get from me.
ReplyDeleteLove you Dad
And I am positive I can never get this comment thing to work on the first try.
Yah, I'm a natural pessimist, so I'm right with you that changing your thoughts can change your actions (I often have to remind myself to be more positive). PS you totally inspired me, I'm now doing a 30-day challenge...except it's with drawing still lives and not running.
ReplyDeleteHmm, this is very thought-provoking! I think I sort of go to extremes about being optimistic and pessimistic... one moment I've got a glorious picture of the future in minute detail, the next minute I'm crashing into doom and convinced that everything will go wrong. I guess I need to work on being a little more steady! I try to be positive about everything, but it's definitely a work in progress. :)
ReplyDeleteI love this way of thinking. I'll bet you can accomplish a lot more when you have a positive atttitude!
ReplyDeleteBy nature I'm a very optimistic person, a little too much by my husbands standards. I truly believe you get everything you want, if you're smart enough to declare your wishes right and of course, you should always be careful what you wishes for (it's the same thing actually).
ReplyDeleteI have my ups and downs though, like everyone else, especially when times comes and I don't know what I want or I can't put it in words.
Apropos this, just wanted to tell you thank you for your great PInterest Running board! It keep motivating me to go out and work out even on the coldest mornings!!! Thanks friend! xx