Friday, June 3, 2011

A pretty bicycle picture and random thoughts from the week....

                   Source: stardustandsequins.wordpress.com via jennifer on Pinterest



I really hate it when slide shows are low on a page and every time you click next, you also have to scroll down. Annoying!

I wish they made 1/6 cup measuring cups. That would really help me measure my cats' food correctly. {1/2 cup a day divided by 3 feedings.} ---sorry this one is laaaaame, but hey, that's how my brain works, kids.

I feel like a whole lot of the blogs in my reader have stopped posting.  What up?

*********************************************************************************************************************


My random thoughts today read more like a list of complaints.....whoopsies!

Thanks for all your support on my 31 before 31 challenge.  I have two days in the books.  I could not drag my lazy butt out of bed this morning to run, so I'll have to do it later today.  {hopefully when I get home at noon....although, it's supposed to be hot today, so it might be another treadmill run for me.}

Anyway, I have every intention of completing this.

When that little voice starts trying to say, "Eh, it'll be okay if you don't do it today."  I'm gonna say, "listen here, little voice, it's already been decided.  Too bad you weren't here to discuss it before the decision was made.  Maybe next month."

Yeah, that totally  makes me sound skitzo.  Voices in my head.  But it's derived from what I learned from this book, which is awesome, by the way.

My dad gave me a really nice compliment last night.  He was telling me that he saw my challenge on the blog.  {he's a daily reader...Hi Dad!}  He said, "Well, if anyone can do it, you can.  You have more will power than anyone else I know."  I'm not sure if that was his nice way of calling me bullheaded, but I took it as a compliment.  Thanks Dad.

I'm not gonna let you guys down!

Wow, I'm rambly today.  I'm so glad it's the weekend again!  How about you?

No real plans for the weekend.  Hope to get together with my baby sister to celebrate her birthday, maybe have a driveway party with the neighbors {and some beers}, and hopefully do some relaxing.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? 

8 comments:

  1. I hope your sister's birthday is great!

    It's nice that your dad reads your bog daily.

    Readers comments are way down. Maybe it's the warm weather.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the measuring cups. I'd also like a 3/8 cup measure, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is also the warm weather and kids getting out of school and all...(about the blogs)

    Thank you for reminding me - I broke my glass measuring cup and need to add it to my shopping list

    I have not gotten to your goals post yet so no comment on that yet-

    ...and "Hi Jen's Dad!! You raised a super sweet girl!! Good job!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That *is* so annoying when you have to scroll down with slide shows. Best of luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i had that bike! and those legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slide shows... UGH SO ANNOYING. :) Good luck with your run, I definitely admire your ambition and resolve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't spread it too thick but,yes you do have the "will power" to do what you put your mind to. Bullheadness? Well you know the saying the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree. And yes there are more than one branch on the tree. So I guess you are a natural.
    Love you!
    Dad.

    P.S Hi All!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got that book after you suggested it on my blog for my Kindle. I've yet to read it, other than a few lines, but it looks PERFECT!

    Thanks so much for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete