Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A few fun finds...{Pool Edition}

Girl's Weekend sparked my love of the pool again. I can't stop daydreaming about lazy poolside afternoons.


Love this suit!  The suit I have now is alright, but I'm always feeling like the girls might pop out.  I love how retro this one looks, and it seems like it would be pretty flattering!

My floppy hat {a gift from Jon for my birthday} as seen in yesterday's photo.  I love, love, love it!  It flops just right and is perfect for days in the sun.  You know, now that I'm 31, I have to think about protecting my face from those harmful rays! 


Found via I Love You More Than Carrots.  She tweaked it, and then I tweaked it.  We sipped guzzled this deliciousness on our Girls weekend, and it's def making another appearance at the Davis house.

My version:
2 cups pomegranate juice
1/4 cup Triple Sec
12 oz can Guava Nectar
1 bottle Prosecco

Combine pom. juice, triple sec and guava nectar, then slowly pour in wine.  Serve over ice.

omg.
so good.

{I used the guava nectar instead of pear because I couldn't find pear, and triple sec cause I already had it.  I feel like this is one of those recipes where you really can't go wrong.}


I've been thinking I should pick up this book ever since I saw the movie trailer.  {Of course, I need to finish the two books I'm reading first.}


I freakin' love this stuff.  It's perfect after some pool time, and especially if you accidently get a little too much sun.  The best part, it smells like a day at the beach!


**********************************************************************************************************************************

I am linking up to Yes, Teacher's Tickle me Tuesday post. Hop over and check out the other great finds!

What are you reading right now?  Any books you'd recommend?

Right now, I'm trying to finish Breaking Dawn.  That's right, the last Twilight book.  As AP would say, no judgies!  I'm also reading Quitter by Jon Acuff.  See, I do read "grown up" books too.

9 comments:

  1. I have that same swimsuit but in black. It's my all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister just bought that book...we're both trying to hurry and read it before the movie comes out:) these are GREAT beach essentials...i've been on the lookout for a floppy hat just like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking for a new one piece bathing suit! I gave up on the fact that after having a baby, my body will never be what it once was. So a bikini can be dangerous for the same reason you mentioned, the girls might escape! Thanks for the tips and I can't wait to go shopping at Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED The Help. I definitely recommend it! Sometimes its hard to read the dialect, but I didn't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    Fun blog with lots of great things to share - enjoying looking through it!

    Best,
    Annie
    http://doughdirtdye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that hat, and the after sun lotion is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put The Help in my kindle library! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM - I want to make some pomegranate punch now! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your post - great finds!

    Storm
    http://www.mythicalmatters.com/Beach_Spray.html

    ReplyDelete