Monday, July 18, 2011

Words to live by...

                                         Source: positivelypresent.tumblr.com via jennifer on Pinterest

                   Source: triciawilson.tumblr.com via jennifer on Pinterest



                               Source: etsy.com via jennifer on Pinterest


I've been blessed with some wonderful people in my life. People who encourage me, and help me learn about myself.  I'm also convinced that I have the best husband on the planet.   I had a chance to talk through some things on Friday, and all weekend I pondered what I learned. Then, yesterday at church, my pastor preached this sermon, and it was like a continuation of the conversation from Friday.  I love it when that happens.  {And honestly, it happens alot.} 

I'm learning that I beat myself up alot.  I worry about what people think, and I lose out on a whole lot of wonderful because I don't trust myself.  I'm also learning that I don't have to do that.  There is a difference between perceived danger and actual danger, and I have to learn to recognize the difference. 

I am loved.  I have a wonderful, supportive family, the best husband, and great friends.  To top it all off, I have a God who wants nothing but the best for me, and that's pretty awesome.

I want to work past my fears, and answer the call to bless others.   I want to go to the deep waters.  I want to experience life outside my comfort zone, because the few times I've ventured there have been some of the best times of my life.

Wishing you all a week full of blessings.  I hope you all know how awesome you are.

 

5 comments:

  1. Those are definitely words to live by! I often worry about what people think too.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post, jen!! you are amazing, talented, beautiful in every way...bout time you start to see it, missy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this...the best gift we get is that sense of awareness. To know that we do have choices that we can make consciously is the best place to be:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the quotes and saying. Especially the one about the ship.

    Couldn't be more true.

    Following you from Blogging Buddies
    http://myminibag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these (inspiring / encouraging) quotes!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete