Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Party like it's 1999...

                                      Source: poppiesandsunshine.blogspot.com via jennifer on Pinterest


So, I'm a little frantic today.  Somehow, I think I've only managed to hint at the fabulous weekend that awaits me....

I'm having a Girl's Weekend with my best girlfriend in the whole world!  No husbands, no kiddos.  We're gonna party like it's 1999!  {Which, insidently is approximately the last time we had a visit just the two of us.  Crazy, right?!}

My Amanda is headed this way as we speak I type, and I feel like it's Christmas Eve! 

Jon will be headed out in the morning for his "No Hoe Float".  {Note:  He did not name said event, and I almost forbade him from going based on the name alone.  That was, until it occurred to me that if he was on a guy's trip, that meant I could have a girl's weekend with my girl!  Holla!}

It will be a glorious four day weekend full of poolside chats, pedicures, movies, shopping, talking, adult beverages, talking, long walks, and some more talking.  You know, girl stuff.  :)

I'll be taking a little vacay from the blog the next couple days.  I must spend every possible moment soaking in everything girl.  Don't worry though, I'm leaving you in able hands.  Yep, that's right, Guest Bloggers are coming to jdavissquared!  Can you believe it?  Not just any guests either.  We're talking some incredibly kind, talented, whitty and all around amazing chicas.  I can't wait for you all to meet them, and I know you'll give them a warm welcome.

So, until Monday, friends!

When was the last time you had a weekend with your best girlfriend?  Suggestions on what we should do?  Recipes we should try?  {Drinks or otherwise.} 

No comments:

Post a Comment