Girls Weekend was a smashing success! I cannot believe it's already over, but boy, did we have fun. I'm so grateful to have had the time with my best girl, and I'm feeling so lucky, so young, and so ready to take on the world this morning. There's just something about Amanda that brings out the best in me. I love that girl.
Jon had an equally good time on his float trip. We had a very sweet reunion yesterday. We were both so refreshed, and giddy to see each other. It was nice! We really need to do this more often.
I have so much to tell you/show you, but starting off this week, I just want to get some notable moments documented here.
- gimlets with my oldest and newest friends.
- early morning walks and really getting rolling on the talks, which continued non-stop all weekend long.
- getting a much needed pedicure, even though my guy was grumpy.
- seeing Amanda meet my Dad's sweetheart, and having her take some GORGEOUS pictures of them. {Also, when we left Amanda noted, "This may sound weird, but I feel like I've always known Linda." I knew precisely what she meant, cause Jon and I had the exact same conversation when we met her. She's pretty incredible like that.}
- Margaritas and Mexican food. {And, them carding me, but not Amanda. I mean, she is a day older, but c'mon people.}
- Sitting by the pool on the perfect day, even if we did get sunburned. It was totally worth it.
- Going shopping, and buying the same things. Hey, we live 500 miles apart, no one will ever know!
- Hanging with my mom and sisters, and plotting some craziness.
- Finally seeing Bridesmaids, and it living up to all the hype. Seriously, the best movie! Maybe ever! Instant classic, I tell you. I for real want to go see it again, and I'm still laughing at certain parts. Totally freaking awesome.
- Giving ourselves mermaid hair. {Oh, this one will be an upcoming post, you can bet on it!}
- A fab photo sesh in the field by my house. I felt like a model. {Well, except for the profuse sweating and massive amout of bugs.} Amanda is an amazing photographer, and I cannot wait to see the results.
- THE BEST Pomegranate Punch of all time! {Well, the only pom. punch I've had, but it was so incredibly delicious.}
- Amanda teaching me to knit. {and actually remembering it the next day!}
- Planning blog makeovers.
- Deciding that Girl's Weekend must be at least a yearly event.
Amanda,
Thanks for coming up, and thanks for making me feel young and beautiful again. You and I, we're the same. I love that we're still discovering things that we have in common, after all these years. I love that we can talk for 3 days straight and never get sick of it. I love that when I'm with you, I'm 100% genuine Jen. I love that we could spend a month together and still not get everything done that we'd like to do. I love you, girlie. You're the absolute best, and I'm so lucky to have you as my bestie.
Jen
p.s. Thank you to my wonderful guest posters last week! You ladies are awesome.
love you!!!! can't believe how much we are able to squeeze into three days...so awesome and so much fun! and i already have a list of things we "forgot" to do! ha! next time... ;) yay! definitely refreshed and ready for anything...but really, today would be the perfect day to take my kiddos to your pool! ha! talk to you soon! thanks for a perfect getaway weekend!
ReplyDeletexo,
a
Sounds like a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteI will watch for the mermaid hair! :-)
<><
Sounds so good and you definitely pass the happy energy on Jen!!! I couldn't stop smiling while reading all your little moments and thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI can relate to this great feeling of feeling young after having such good time with a best friend. I totally miss it!
Can't wait to see the mermaid hair!!!!!
Sounds fantastic and that is just the cutest picture of you!
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a wonderful time. Happy Belated bday! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your friend.
ReplyDeleteWhen my sister was here visiting last weekend, we were able to squeeze in some time for brunch, (just the two of us, no kiddos) and a pedicure. It was so much fun!
Can't wait to hear more about this mermaid hair.... :)
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a lot of fun. you guys are beautiful in this picture and i love your blog
ReplyDelete