Shortly after arriving on Wednesday, Amanda showed me an image that she Pinned. I agreed that it was pretty fantastic, but didn't think much more about it at the time. Funny thing though, that image kept coming into conversation as the days went by. We became increasingly more obsessed with the "mermaid hair". But, we couldn't pull it off....or could we? {I definitely took some convincing. I've NEVER dyed my hair, and was I really gonna start with pink, purple and blue!?} Along with my much cooler, and much younger sisters, we decided to go for it. We all split the cost of supplies and Amanda and I went to work. {Later, we passed off the goods to the sisters....whose hair I still haven't seen!}
my "colorist". {That's what we were calling each other.}
Waiting for the magic to happen...
Amanda's sultry mermaid locks...
And, mine. {You can tell who the photographer is. All the good ones were taken by her.}
It's been fun to get reactions from people who notice. It does add a nice little bit of sass for summer. I sort of love it, especially the pink. {There really is blue in there too, it just didn't show up that well.}
So, that's the Mermaid Hair! It's all mine for 5-40 washes. :)
Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, Jon's reaction was positive. He said he was happy that I did something kinda wild and out of the ordinary.
p.s. I learned that my hair forms the same curls every time. Each lock that is colored has come together each day. I figured they just randomly formed. Interesting, no?
Hello Can I call you Madison? LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat fun!!!
<><
Oh, wow, so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteLove how it turned out! Just enough to make an impact:)
ReplyDeleteI dyed my hair bright green when I was in junior high. It didn't wash out as planned and I had to overdye it to get rid of it. Work prevents me from doing anything funky now though.
ReplyDeletei so should have edited that one picture...oh well...
ReplyDeletelovin my mermaid hair! thinking of doing it again when it all washes out! so fun! you're the best colorist ever ;P
How cool! I love how the different colors come together so beautifully!
ReplyDeleteI've had blonde hair all my life and when I was in high school, I decided to dye it jet black! Expect it turned more of a greyish/greenish/purpleish color! (We never really did find a name for the mess! Luckily it only lasted a week :)
That's a pretty cool idea! I like how to colors turned out :)
ReplyDeleteLove the hair! It turned out really well! =)
ReplyDeletewww.sroskillydesigns.blogspot.com
AHHHH! I love it!!! :)
ReplyDeleteDid Amanda bleach the bottoms of her hair before dyeing? I have brown hair and I'm wanting to do this and I like how dark her colors are!
ReplyDeleteDanielle,
ReplyDeleteWe didn't bleach Amanda's tips, but she says she wishes we would have. That would make the color much brighter! Good luck, and make sure you share pics if you give it a go!