Monday, August 29, 2011

2nd Annual Birthday Antiquing...

Saturday, my mama and I went to Greenwood, MO to go antiquing.  Last year, we spent a day treasure hunting for her birthday, and this year we decided to do the same.  It was a beautiful day, and although we didn't find a ton of stuff to bring home, we really enjoyed ourselves!  

 A pretty old bicycle outside one of the shops.

We found a darling little tea room at one of the Antique shops to have lunch.  We enjoyed yummy panini sandwiches and salad with homemade raspberry vinaigrette and the most delicious strawberries.  I think we guzzled about 10 glasses of ice tea each.  {We must have been parched from all the shopping.}  
My pretty mama, the birthday girl.

We shared a piece of Coconut Macaroon pie for dessert...omg....so delicious!  It was warm and buttery, and yes, my mouth is watering just looking at it!

It was such a wonderful day, and I think it needs to happen more than once a year!
The two of us with our bounty.  {recognize this?}

 I love my new old Bingo card.  And yes, I specifically picked this one cause it had a 22 on it.
I also found some letterpress letters.  I got:  O, N, &, E, N, A, I, and S...still need two J's, a D and a V!  If you know where I can find these, let me know!  ;)

Have you been treasure hunting lately?  Find anything awesome?

oh, and p.s.  Don't forget to go vote for my College Fund Piggy Bank...pretty please?

6 comments:

  1. I went antiquing a couple of weeks ago and found a TON of furniture. Didn't buy any of it yet, but I was totally that weird person taking a zillion pictures all over the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful weekend of great finds and good food! Love those letters and will have to start looking for some of them, love the way they look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o wow--that's such a great antiquing find! I never have any luck with those things. (I also like your letterpress letters. )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! And that pie looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a J today and thought of you! http://www.etsy.com/listing/74113095/vintage-letterpress-wood-type-printers?ref=v1_other_2 it is at PreserveCottage on Etsy, I saw it through a treasury I was in. I sell wooden printers type but I know J's are harder to find ..mine sold out right away! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy belated birthday to your Mom, she looks so young!

    I was going to compliment your fanny bag, it's so stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete