Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A few fun finds....{doily addition}

Perhaps it was all the antiquing this weekend that put doilies in my brain. There is always an abundance of doilies to be seen while antiquing, no?

I had so much fun browsing through Etsy looking for new twists on this time honored craft.

Aren't these coasters pretty?  They make me want to kick back with a big glass of iced tea.
I love this rug!  Now, I just have to learn how to crochet...giant style.

You all know my penchant for garlands.  I love how dainty this one is, and although it would work in any season, I can't help but picture it with twinkle lights and all things fluffy white for Christmas.
vintage doily paper garland by BrittanyAlbertson{krafty designs} on Etsy 

Do you crochet or knit?  If so, who taught you? 

My grandma tried to teach me to crochet as a child, but I had no interest at the time.  Oh how I kick myself for not letting her pass on that knowledge!  My best friend taught me basic knitting over girl's weekend though...now if I can just remember it!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

I am linking up to Yes, Teacher's Tickle me Tuesday post. Hop over and check out the other great finds!

8 comments:

  1. Uncommon is one of my absolutely most favorite shops ever. I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out of town. I put that same doily garland in my "fall items" post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doilies too! Thanks so much for including my garland in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds! Those coasters are beautiful ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not your grandma's usual doily...!
    I've seen that garland on Etsy, I think it's in my favourites too. Lovely!
    Thanks for posting about my doily rugs - I've got some ready made ones in the shop too if crochet it not your passion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my grandma did teach me how to crochet and it is soooo relaxing. I tried to figure out knitting and it was not able to stick for some reason. but I totally love your doily obsession! they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finds...I especially love the coasters!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that doily garland -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete