Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A few fun finds...

Okay, I know I'm a day late for Sarah's Tickle me Tuesday, but I'm gonna break the rules and join in anyway.  It's one of my favorite posts every week, and I know it's one of your favorites too!


Today's high is 71....71!   Okay, so that clearly says the high is 83...but it's 71 right now.  Do you understand how crazy this is?  Last Tuesday it was 108 degrees.  What a difference a week makes.  {Typical Kansas.}  Anyway, the cooler temps and the fact that the kids are all headed back to school next week {insanity} is making me start considering thinking about fall.  Make no mistake, I am not ready to give up on summer...at all, but there are a few things I might be looking forward to.  That being said, I think the following would make for some cozy fall enjoyment.  You know, weeks and weeks from now when fall is upon us, cause it's not here yet, right?!*

 First up, these a-freakin-dorable mocassins from Target.  I think they might be slippers, but I don't care.  I'd wear them everywhere. 

Skinny jeans.   I just bought my first pair yesterday....on clearance...$5...Target.  {I'm not sure if this is the exact pair, but they're close} I'm still scared I might be making a huge mistake, but I figured they'll be perfect with my tall boots at the very least.  Plus, they were $5, and you can't hardly go wrong with that. 

Okay, without finding random photos to post, I'll just tell you that I'm also looking forward to opening the windows again, football season {not for the games, but for the glorious naptime!},  pumpkin lattes and mums.  All those things will be great when the time comes, but I'm just not finished with summer yet.

Do you wear skinny jeans?  What are you looking forward to this fall?

*You see, I really like fall, but it turns so quickly into winter and I can't even bear to think of winter again already. 

5 comments:

  1. I was just wondering this morning how I would fit into my skinny jeans when fall came....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear skinnies, but only with tall boots! I don't feel confident enough to just wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe this fabulous weather?!? I'm sure it won't last, but I'm enjoying it while I can!

    I had a pair of skinnies pre-preg and have yet to wear them since. Maybe one day I'll motivated my fat butt to be less fat so I can rock them again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another skinny-owner here... actually, I took the plunge last fall and actually bought jeggings too...! because I found the skinnies would start to stretch and sag around the knees between washings and look weird with the tall boots. And I also only wear them with boots (knee boots or ankle boots) - I just don't think I have the body to wear them with flats or anything else. :) I think you'll love them though, I couldn't stand to tuck my bootcut jean ankles into my boots ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started wearing skinny jeans this year!! They're fun ;). I can't wait for cooler weather and for pumpkin lattes... YUM!

    ReplyDelete