Great weather, great events, and great friends and family. Fabulous.
Saturday was Jon's birthday. He got to sleep in, and had a big ham steak for breakfast. {This was really exciting to him.} I am a horrible wife, cause I did make him cook the breakfast....but he's just so much better at it! We lounged around for the day, and then Saturday night was the much anticipated bonfire at the farm! Wheeeee! It was SO. MUCH. FUN. We had friends and family who joined us, along with lots of friends of Jon's dad and stepmom. There was chili and hot cider bubbling over the (smaller) fire, and s'mores (also over the small fire, cause you couldn't get within 30 feet of the bonfire without burning your face off).
*Jon insisted on wearing his "hair hat ". According to him it's the perfect headwear for a bonfire. Uh-huh....whatever, sweetie...it's your birthday!
The barn was opened up so the kids could check out all the animals.
Gosh, I love that place.
I'm so grateful for the friends and family who came to celebrate fall {and birthdays} with us. I cannot get over how blessed we are.
I also had a brief moment standing in the barn looking up toward the house all lit up, with the party sounds all around me, where I had a little flashback to my wedding night. {For those of you who don't know, our reception was held at the farm.} I'm for reals tearing up typing this...I'm so lame. Anyway, it took me back, and it took my breath away all over again.
Life is good, people. It is so, so good.


ohh how i'd love to go to a bonfire right now and eat smores!!
ReplyDeleteBonfires are great, and smores are even better. Plus that doggie is adorable!
ReplyDeletewww.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com
so.much.fun!!! love the pics {especially your pops and miss linda <3 } & yes, every time i see pics of the barn i think of your wedding, too and get all nostalgic! it was and still is an amazing spot!
ReplyDeleteI was on a farm this weekend, too! For a wedding, which was very cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! Nice pics! :)
ReplyDeleteYulia
http://yulianotjulia.blogspot.com/
Sounds a great party - and bonfires really are such fun, especially when friends and family are around, rather than these big public spectaculars!
ReplyDeleteHave just "met" you via the Blogging Buddies site on Etsy, and intend to follow you - hope you'll return the favour by visiting my two sites - shop at www.coldhamcuddlies.etsy.com and blog at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com. I post there about how I make, mend and otherwise create the products in the shop! Hope you enjoy the visits - and I look forward to many contacts in the future.
All the best. Isobel
Happy birthday to him! I love bonfires... especially at a farm (my in-laws have one) and ESPECIALLY with hot apple cider ;)
ReplyDelete