Monday, October 10, 2011

Not a dull moment...


First things first, today is the LAST day to enter the Ruby Snap giveaway!  Winner will be announced tomorrow, so be sure to get your name in the running!

Okay....what a weekend!  I honestly cannot even remember what we did Friday evening....seems like forever ago!  Wait..I'm pretty sure we made Skinny Swedish Meatballs a la Iowa Girl  {highly recommend, but make extra sauce!} and yummy apple crisp for dessert.  Yep...that's it!  And then I fell asleep on the couch.

The rest of our weekend was full of family and friends and more great food.  Oh, and football, and church, and cleaning, and painting, and this, and that, and...the weather was absolutely gorgeous.  The leaves are really starting to change around here, and it is so beautiful!  We even squeezed a 5k!  There was not a dull moment, yet I feel refreshed going into this new week!  Love that feeling.

Anywho...

There are lots of new faces around here as of late, and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to get to know you all!  I want to get back to focussing a little time here and there on learning about you!  I hope you'll all play along.  Let's be friends!  :)

1. Where did you grow up?  
I grew up right here in the southern suburbs of Kansas City.  I'm literally sitting about 3 miles from the hospital where I was born as I type this.  Haven't gone far!

2. Do you have any pets?
We have 3 cats.  Miles, Chloe and Sophie.  Yes, I realize their names sound like they are yuppie children. And, yes, Miles' name is in fact Miles Davis.  No, we did not do that on purpose.

3. What did you have for dinner last night?
We had St. Louis style pizza.  Cannot get enough of that thin crust and provel cheese!  Oh, and of course, we had apple crisp and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

See, those questions aren't too scary, are they?  Please, indulge me!

Here's to a fabulous week ahead!

***Oh, and in case you missed it, I'm offering 20% off the first two orders of each pink and blue piggy banks!  {first two pink, and first two blue}  Looks like one blue is about to be snatched up, so hurry if you're interested!  Contact me if you'd like to place an order.

5 comments:

  1. I also live about 3 miles from where I was born! Love getting to know you a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we need a meet up sometime foreals!!! LOVE that leaf pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in the same hospital as my husband and 2 of our kids! I grew up in South Dakota but have lived in Tennessee the last 23 years. Yesterday was my husband's Bday so it was T bone steaks, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, garlic bread and chocolate cake and ice cream..and a number of mini Snickers that I am in denial about.. Found you on the Etsy blog team! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born in Methuen, MA, and grew up in the next town of North Andover, MA..I still live in the same house! It belonged to my grandmother and when she passed away, my dad renovated it and we moved in. I have since added a second floor so I could have my own space. My mother is handicapped so staying home and helping them out is important to me.

    I have 2 cats, Chloe & Toby. Toby is my baby and is super attached to me..almost annoyingly so, but I love him!

    For dinner, it was steak and green beans. My dad cooked, so I just went with it!

    ReplyDelete