Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011...

The first weekend of October, we took our yearly pilgrimage to the pumpkin patch.  It was an absolutely perfect fall day!  Of course, we stopped by the Louisburg Cider Mill for apple cider and donuts on our way, and we all agreed that the donuts were extra delicious this time.

But, the real treat of the day was, as always, the pumpkin patch!

 Mom and I at the gate.
the sisters...
We followed a nice couple to their truck to snag this primo pumpkin picking wagon.  We need one that's large and in charge.

Tallying the loot.

Trunk full of punkins!

The front porch is ready for fall!  {Can you believe I got all the pumpkins you see here, plus two fiesta gourds and three fancy gourds all for $21?!...I LOVE this place!}

Am I the only one who likes to leave some of the vine attached?  I just think it makes them more visually interesting.

My sisters and I have this thing when we're hunting for pumpkins.  We like to look for the ones that "the light is shining on".  You know, the ones that have that extra something special, at least to us.  

Lydia picked out a white one that she plans to carve into a Hello Kitty Jack-o-lantern...um, cute!  I think Madi and Marc just went for the biggest ones they could find.  I went for variety.  I always say I'm going to carve one, but then I never do.  So, I'll just say it right now, I probably won't carve one for Halloween.  :)

Do you have plans to go to the pumpkin patch?  Have you already been?  Do you carve Jack-o-lanterns?

To see our previous adventures at the pumpkin patch, check out the posts from 2010 and 2009.

6 comments:

  1. We went to that pumpkin patch last weekend it was great! I couldn't believe how cheap they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of a pumpkin patch anywhere near me - so no trips for us. Generally we buy a pumpkin and never get around to carving it so we will probably just skip the pumpkin all around this time.

    Oh and the Hello-Kitty -- so cute!! I think I saw one on Pinterest but now I am not 100% sure - tell her to look there for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I'm so jealous of the cider and donuts! Seriously my favorite childhood memory and we don't have them anywhere. Eat and drink extra for me next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at pumpkins and gourds. Cool shapes and textures. I gave up carving pumpkins years ago. I bought one of the polystyrene or something pumpkins and use it every year on the porch. Lasts longer! LOL


    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pumpkins! My husband and I just picked some out from the grocery store this year... we went to a couple pumpkin patches last fall and everything was CRAZY expensive.. so this year we took the easy way out.

    ReplyDelete