Monday, May 16, 2011

Birdies in a nest...

Nest, Baby Birds & Mama on a mission to peck out my eyeballs
A couple weeks back, we were working in the yard and this robin kept chirping at us.  I didn't think much of it, until Jon walked around the corner and discovered a nest on top of our potting bench.  Sure enough there were three little baby birds all curled up in there.  I, of course, had to take some pictures.  Well, this really upset the mama.  Jon had to guard me while I snapped a few so she wouldn't attack me.  I was kinda scared she might peck my eyeballs out.

They're now out of the nest, but there for a while, I had to risk my life every time I went out to water the flowers.  {the hose is just to the right of the nest.}  She didn't like me getting so close to her babies.  I even had to sling some water at her a few times.  I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts. 

*****

I'm exhausted from this weekend, folks!  It was a busy one!

We had our garage sale on Friday and Saturday.  The weather was aweful...so cold!  At least it didn't rain on us.  We did pretty well.  Made a few hundred bucks, can't complain!  I wanted to drop in on Friday, but blogger was down, like all day!  What was up with that?  Random thoughts will have to wait one more week.

We also managed to fit in watching TRON {surprisingly good!}, a birthday celebration with my dad {wonderful time with family}, some cleaning {bleh} and a dinner with friends {always fun}.  All in all, a wonderful weekend, but I could have used some more down time!

Are you feeling rested, or exhausted from your weekend? 

10 comments:

  1. Awwww, I love baby birds!! No matter how "ugly" people think they are- they're still cute underneath it all! :) I mean, imagine- that grows up to be a fast flying little birdy! Hehe- the mother sounds very protective ;) I'm glad that she hasn't pecked your eyeballs out (yet ;)!!

    Sounds like you had a great weekend! <3

    xoxo
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! We have a bird building a nest on the lights in front of our garage right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rested from my weekend. I was really lazy all day yesterday. I hardly ever let myself spend a whole day without working in my shop or my house but I just didn't yesterday and it was very nice!

    We had the same kind of baby bird situation last year and those mama birds are REALLY scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lil' babies are soo cute! Perhaps you could look into wearing sunglasses or other eye protection while around the babies so your eyeballs don't get pecked out, lol. I saw Thor this weekend. I suggest seeing it only if you think you'd be able to suffer through watching a movie with a guy that is so cut that he may not be human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I used to have a lot of birds and bird nests at my parent's house when I lived there, but I'm pretty sure they hate where I live. It's rare to see any around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bird pictures.

    That was a good yard sale! I need to have about 3 of those!

    Blogger being down frustrated me. I lost all the entries that were posted Thursday on my giveaway :-(

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like being accosted by a mamma bird! I had the joy of having a Mocking bird family live in a topiary that was next to our front door, of all places. I have pics from eggs, to babies, to empty nest. They make a wonderful 3 piece set in frames!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww. protective mama that's good. taking care of her babies.
    happy bday to your Dad! we went to a puppet show and then went to a mexican restaurant with cliff divers! (will post about it later this week) a weird, fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had quite a weekend myself! Just returned from Florida for a long weekend. I really love your blog! So many interesting and fun things to read about. Keep up the good work. I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...look at those sweet little babies. We had a nest a couple of years ago on our porch... had lots of fun watching them hatch and fly away! I don't even remember this weekend... is that a bad sign? :(

    ReplyDelete