I didn't realize until this week that you could set your preferences in blogger to allow for email replies. Duh. Seriously, where have I been!?
There are lots of times I tweet something, and then realize that my real life friends are probably laughing at me. {Like when I tweeted the Biggest Loser finalists to tell them they look awesome. What!? They do!}
What is up with yogurt cups having lids? I mean, does anyone ever actually eat half and then put the lid back on? Maybe kids do. Do they? Seems like a lot of wasted material to me.
Every time I clean house or do laundry I start singing this song. I have no explanation for this whatsoever, but it has been happening for years. Every time.
I want to do a blog makeover. But I can't make over my own blog 'til I do my bestie's. She's been waiting patiently for me to make hers over, and I'm a horrible, horrible friend who hasn't done it yet. I suck.
Okay, I'm about to go all snobby: It drives me nuts when so called "designers" don't fix the kerning on their script fonts. If you don't know what that means, you should not be claiming to be a graphic designer.
**********************************************************************************************************************************
Hooray for long weekends! I'm especially excited because today is the first Friday of summer hours at my workplace. During the summer, we're working 9 hour days Monday thru Thursday and half days on Fridays. I am pumped! I love summer, and I love long weekends. And, this weekend is extra long with the holiday! Whoo hoo!
Plans for the weekend include:
- packaging/shipping orders
- cleaning {only cause we're having company on Sunday!}
- a trip to the Nelson-Atkins. They have Naismith's original rules of basketball on display, and I just love that place and haven't been forever, so I've requested a date.
- finally finishing the office. I haven't mentioned this in a while, cause let's face it, it's embarrassing how long it's taking us to wrap up this room. It's so close!
- a barbeque with our dear friends
- oh, and wouldn't a bike ride be lovely worked in there somewhere!?
What are your plans for the weekend?
In case you missed it this week:
Some words to live by.
Vintage shopping on Etsy.
Peaceful photos.
I'm a child of the 80's.
And, I'm certainly not crazy!
I think I just posted on your blog from yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThat means I am caught up! Woohoo!
My pans include me and the vacuum, dancing through every room this weekend. Monday I will have a sore back! LOL I "dance" with the vacuum and I take the push mower for "walks". :-) You gotta have fun in life!
<><
Have a safe & fun weekend!
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com
Your post is cracking me up this morning :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun weekend ahead. I'm doing a lot of NOTHING. We're traveling up north next weekend, so this weekend is lots of low key stuff around the house that I've been neglecting.
Have a great weekend!
hi! found you on an etsy blog team :) i am a new follower/fan i love your blog! would love it if you followed mine and commented too :)
ReplyDeletewww.dramatiuedesigns.blogspot.com
Happy Memorial Day to you, too. Good song to clean to, btw! :)
ReplyDeleteI went to check out the song you were referring to and hubby heard the song and asked me, "I didn't know you liked Green day?" I answered, ummm,who? (yeap, no idea who the band was..I know so lame of me.) but I will say that I like the rhythm to it.
ReplyDeleteplans? we are taking a road trip to Texas. visiting my grandparents. Beli's other set of Great-Grandparents. they are anxiously waiting to see her. last time we went was a year ago.
have fun this weekend!
I'm with you on the long weekend! I really need it. I just discovered that you can have people follow your blog via email. I never knew that until my daughter told me. I like that idea because we have so many family members that like to follow us but don't blog. We learn new things everyday!
ReplyDeleteLOL Kerning bothers me, too! Especially when it's a kerning problem on really big billboards. Ah!
ReplyDelete