Hi guys! Seems like it's been forever. I trust you all had a fab weekend?
Oh, yes, I had a wonderful weekend! Thanks for asking!
I'll have to tell you about it a little at a time.
For starters, Saturday was rainy and cold. {Well, actually, the weekend started with a Friday afternoon off for me, spent packaging orders and relaxing.} Anyway, Saturday, we ventured out for our date to the Nelson. But first, we went to Midtown to D'Bronx. I've been hearing about their pizza my entire life, but had never been there! It was pretty dang good. Although, the best part was reading all the stuff people write on the walls, and of course, adding our own mark.
We were careful not to stuff ourselves beyond comfort, and left packing enough pizza for at least 3 more meals. We got to the Nelson and even realized we could park across the street for free. {As opposed to in the garage for $5.} That made the whole museum trip free since there's no admission fee. We like free stuff!
The exhibit on Naismith's Original Rules of Basketball was quite anticlimactic. It was literally two pieces of paper typed. I guess I don't know what I was expecting. I thought there'd be photos, or drawings or something to go with it. Nope, two pieces of paper, folks! Being the good {Jayhawk} basketball fans we are, we read through the rules. I was quite impressed that the original rules included goal tending! I would have thought that had come later, but nope. Mr. Naismith saw that coming!
Since it took all of five minutes to see the rules, we had a few hours to browse through the rest of the museum. It's been a long time since I've been in the old building. {The last time I was there, I was just in the Block Building.} They've moved stuff around from how I remember it, but it's still fantastic. The building itself is magnificent, and full of marble, granite and limestone. It is solid. The exhibits range from ancient to modern. {There is even a real mummy on display.}
We only got through maybe half of the exhibits before Jon pooped out on me. But, he's promised to take me back. {I think he enjoyed it!}
I haven't been to many art museums, but the Nelson can certainly hold it's own with the one's I've seen. It's really quite impressive. If you're ever in KC, you should definitely check it out!
More weekends shenanigans to come....
What's your favorite style of pizza? I do enjoy New York style, but I think St. Louis is my absolute fave. Love me some thin crust!


Great post! My fave pizza style is Chicago hands down! I love the deep crust so I can dip it in Marinara sauce.
ReplyDeleteI just tried authentic Chicago style pizza last weekend, and it was awesome! Particularly because one of the toppings was fresh garlic! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm from Chicago which means that I *should* like deep dish the best, but I totally don't. Thin crust all the way!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, it makes it that much more fun when you pair a good meal with a free event! I like thin crust and wood oven pizza. (now, I'm hungry!)
ReplyDeleteand how cool they let you draw on the walls!