Good morning, friends!
So, my instinct is to complain about it being Monday, and the weekend being over. But, I'm going to try what my pastor talked about yesterday. I'm going to cultivate some love and joy in my life. {fruits of the spirit} I may be faced with another week of work, but life is good, and in the whole scheme of things, I have absolutely nothing to complain about!
This weekend was wonderful. Although I think we just skipped right over spring and moved on to summer. But, warmer weather is here, and I am glad!
I didn't really have anything planned for today, and I've had a few more questions roll in from last week, so I thought I'd just answer a few of those for you today! Sound good?
************
What's something you would tell the future you? The past you?
Future me: Don't ever forget where you came from. I hope you are doing something meaningful with your life, and that you appreciate all I'm doing to get you where you are. ;)
Past me: Lighten up! Stop taking everything so seriously and have a little fun!
***********
What's your lifelong dream?
This one's tough! I guess my lifelong dream would be to become the person God has made me to be. To be a loving wife and mother, and to leave behind a legacy of love. {Oh, and make pretty things.}
***********
What came first - the chicken or the egg?
I'm going to have to go with the chicken.
**********
What made you start painting piggy banks? Whatever it was, I'm glad you started because ours is AMAZING.
First of all, thank you! I'm so glad you like it!
I started painting piggy banks during college. I worked at a local gift shop personalizing all kinds of stuff. I always really enjoyed it, and truthfully, it was that job that set me on a path to being a full time artist. Once I graduated, I moved on to my "real job" as a graphic designer. A couple years ago, my former boss sold the gift shop, and I decided to introduce personalized gifts to my Etsy store. I never wanted for her to feel like I was trying to compete, but once that was no longer an issue, I jumped on it! I've always loved creating something unique and special for people to give {or get}. I find great joy in playing a part, however small, in making a special memory for my customers.
*********
how do I get 400 something followers just like you :))
Honestly, I have got caught up at times in the number of followers I've had, but I know I shouldn't...and neither should you! Just be yourself, and like minded people will find you. If you're looking to grow your blog, I suggest commenting on other blogs. People will come check out your blog from there. Also, keep your layout simple and easy to read. There's nothing that sends me running faster than a bunch of blinking or hard to read fonts. :)
*********
When's your next half marathon??? :) xoxo
I wish I had an answer to this one! I honestly don't know. I do, however know that I will do another. {It was too awesome not to do again.} At the moment, I have my eyes set on another goal. I'll keep you guys posted though!
*********
Thanks again for all your love on the questions post! I look forward to getting to know you all even more!
Here's to a wonderful week!
Oh, and Sandy has posted her A to Z that I tagged her for....go check it out!
you inspire me, woman! i love the optimism that drips off this post. the picture is stunning, and your words are so encouraging. monday is certainly a day of complaining for me as well, but right now the sunshine is pouring in my office windows and a warm cup of coffee is at my hand. and life is good.
ReplyDeleteThat photo is gorgeous. And you're right, life is good!
ReplyDeletegreat post! I'm visiting you from your post on the Etsy team boards. Hope your Monday has gone well - I love your 'life long dream' - ditto for me.
ReplyDeleteGood morning!! I received a message from a very special friend who needs encouraging, maybe it does have to do something with being Monday?LOL but anyways I'm trying to find the 'right' words to lift their spirits, yet validating their own feelings. I've found your post quite contagious to continue thinking positive!
ReplyDeleteLove your message to the future me...er you :) never lose sight where you came from!
ReplyDeleteSeize the day and happy Monday!
xx Cat brideblu
the chicken! ;) Adam and Eve didn't come into the world as babies! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog, your newest follower from blogging buddies on Etsy,
Tessa
http://mlniche.blogspot.com/