Friday, May 20, 2011

A pretty bicycle picture and random thoughts from the week....

          Source: flickr.com via jennifer on Pinterest


How come when an English speaker is singing, you can't tell what their accent is?  Like, you can't tell if they're Brittish, or Australian,  or I guess American.  {They all sound American to me when they sing.  Any Brits or Aussies who can confirm if you think they all sound like you?}

It just occurred to me that as one ages, the periods of your life must become clearer.  Sounds simple enough.  I guess I'm starting to see how life goes through cycles of trying times and great times.  Times that are really hard, and times that are really joyful.  I'm learning that age really does help put all that in perspective.

Speaking of time, does anyone else have a time line in their head?  I have a distinct vision of a time line with numbers and all, starting in the 1980, cause that's the year I was born.  The entirety of the universe goes backward or forward from this point.  {a little narcissistic, huh?}  There are mental images that are associated along the way, and it kinda jumps around on a map, too.  It's the way I've viewed time and history in my head my whole life.  Am I the only one who thinks in weird ways like this?  This is really hard to explain, and I probably sound like a crazy person, but what's new?

How come the stuff that sells at garage sales is never the stuff you think will sell? 

Sometimes I get worried that I'm actually speaking my thoughts out loud instead of just thinking them.  I have moments where I'm like, "I didn't just say that out loud, did I?"  Anyone else?

******************************************************************************************************************************

It's Friday, guys!  How exciting is that!?  There is a wonderful thunderstorm happening right now...wish I could be at home with a book and a cup of coffee.

Not much on the agenda this weekend.  Painting orders and going to a friend's jewelry party....that's about it, and I'm so glad!  I need some down time, folks.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Do you enjoy going to "parties"?  {You know, like jewelry parties, pampered chef, etc.}  I'm not usually a fan, but I guess I'm trying to be a good friend.  It'll be fun!  Right?  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm too picky, but I can definitely tell what a singer's accent is when they sing, and it drives me crazy when American singers sing in British accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon,
    You always are so good about leaving such sweet comments on my blog. Since yours is set to a no-reply commenter, I thought I would come over here and let you know how much I appreciate your visits.
    Thank you for your kind words in regard to our family's farm. Especially thank you for praying for all the families that live in that area...they have al been displaced. I do have some more recent pictures that I hope to post this week. Just waiting on permission from the photographer.

    Thanks again. Your support and friendship means so much.

    Take care ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post and I love that picture. It's one that I'd hang in my home. I like to see pictures like that and try to think about what was going on. Those are the photos that really inspire stories.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete