Monday, May 2, 2011

3 things from the weekend...

1. Black Swan....



                                                                                 Source: bing.com via jennifer on Pinterest


Grade: C
I'm still trying to figure out what happened in this movie.  I think maybe I'm not smart enough to get it.  I did find it somewhat interesting, but Jon hated it.  Overall, it's just....eh.

2. The Royal Wedding...


                                                             Source: news.nationalpost.com via jennifer on Pinterest


Grade:  A
Like I said last week, I'm not someone who usually gets into celebrity worship of any kind, but I couldn't resist this one.  The little girl in me wouldn't have it.  I enjoyed seeing the production of it all, I mean, who doesn't love a good wedding?  My favorite part:  the glances the couple gave eachother during the ceremony.

3. Strawberry Freeze...

                                                          Source: kraftrecipes.com via jennifer on Pinterest


Grade: B+
I made this dessert for small group last night.  It was pretty good, if I do say so myself!  The only complaints:  1. It softens really fast!  The 15 minutes for softening called for in the recipe should be more like 5.  And, 2. the cookie crust was super hard.  {This might be partly my fault, as we used chewy chips ahoy instead of regular.  Jon wanted chewy.  I think the regular might soak up the filling and work better, instead of just freezing into solid blocks.}  I'd definitely make it again though! 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Other than the above, my weekend was lovely.  We had some beers with the neighbors {new and old}on Friday night.  {Have I told you how much I love where I live?}  Got to spend some time with my dad while Jon worked on his truck on Saturday.  Crossed some things off our to-do list, and spent time with friends.  I even picked up the house a bit.  {I feel like I can breathe again as every surface isn't covered in random junk now.}

How was your weekend?  What's the best thing that happened?

8 comments:

  1. When you don't like a movie, you should never assume it's because you're not smart enough! Assume they did a bad job telling the story. I didn't see it, but the poster alone gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the wedding. Haven't seen Black Swan yet but it's on my list. Will probably end up watching that one alone lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, loved the wedding! I was giddy all weekend! I still am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we watched the King's Speech, oh it was a wonderful movie. We finally finished unpacking and even got around to planting a few herbs!

    that dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an interesting recipe, I might try that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been on the fence about watching Black Swan - now, I'm not so sure I want to see it at all if you only gave it a C. Oh and the wedding, I fell asleep right before she walked down the aisle - darn it! But, did watch it later - she was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, i didn't get the black swan either...i felt like i needed to watch it again so maybe i could figure it out...but didn't want to go through watching it again...glad i'm not alone!!!
    loved the wedding...so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw Black Swan last week. It royally freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete