Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who remembers....

Playing with this...



                                                    Source: google.com via jennifer on Pinterest

{and being so excited to see what their name was on that birth certificate!}

Wearing these...
                                                                        Source: google.com via jennifer on Pinterest

{I'm pretty sure my hair got to thick for these pretty fast, but I definitely had some!}
 
and, watching this?
                                          Source: thosewerethe90s.tumblr.com via jennifer on Pinterest

{only one of the best shows EVAH!}

Who's with me?  Any children of the 80's out there?  

Also, I have yet to find someone who remembers this:  Does anyone recall a show {we watched it at school}  where a guy would read books and draw the scenes in colored pencil or pastels?  I absolutely loved it, and no one else seems to remember it!  Anyone?***mystery solved!***

9 comments:

  1. I was a big fan of CP kids- I still have both of mine :) I did a post yesterday on my awesome sticker collection-haha!
    I don't remember the show you're talking about, sorry... maybe you can find it on youtube.
    ~cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I had a cabbage patch doll but I can't remember what she looked like. Barrettes never stuck in my hair. Too thick and curly. And lastly.. I had no clue LeVar Burton was not blind. I also thought he was really blind because of Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I definitely remember all of that... other than the crazy show you speak of. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. LO< I have a kids that remember!

    I remember having to be at Target when it opened and in a full run to get to the Cabbage Patch babies for Christmas one year! It was dangerous!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I went to school with you and I don't remember that show either. I remember watching the letter people, the crazy guy with the inside out spandex suit with all his bones and organs printed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Reading Rainbow and had at least 2-3 Cabbage Patch dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My older sister and i wanted one but my mom wouldn't buy us one, instead she got us the trading cards. she said, they are just dolls!!!
    OMG..yeah and then she goes and gets my younger sister one. and NOW, I see them at GOodwill and wonder if I should get Beli one. (secretly it would be my doll. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning, Jen,
    Oh, I guess this makes me just about old enough to be your mom! Our girls are 26 and 22 and we had several cabbage patch babies around our house.

    I also loved the reading rainbow...Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful holiday weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember all those. Wasn't a big fan of the cabbage patch kids - I was more into toy horses, but we did have a couple around. I had the poodle barrette in red, and while I loved Reading Rainbow, shortly after I started watching it, they moved it to the 3:00 time slot, and I didn't get off the bus until 3:20. Sad day! I vividly remember the episode about paper cranes. I could spell out the whole plot of the book they read on that episode for you, but I won't. :)

    ReplyDelete